Guess what this is a photo of!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Barbara L said:
Could that be the Wapello County Courthouse in Ottumwa, Iowa?

How about this? It is obviously a memorial to veterans. Where is it, specifically?

:) Barbara
You are right about the Wapello County Courthouse in Ottumwa, They took the rather large clock down years ago for fear it might fall and they didn't want to spend the money on a 110 year old building to fix it ! so there is old and kinda new. the Floors are Marble so are the Staircases, this place is like walking back into time.
Now here's Yours ........

Veterans Memorial Garden: Located in front of the Veterans Museum and Memorial Center, the garden was dedicated on Veterans Day, 11 November 2005. The Garden honors veterans of all eras who served in the Army, Marine Corps, Navy, Air Force, Coast Guard and Wartime Merchant Marine. This initial phase of the garden is divided into three separate sections: an Air Garden, Land Garden and Sea Garden with a central amphitheater and flags of all the respective services. The Air Garden has a reflecting pool with a bronze statue of a B-24 Liberator facing the old Consolidated Aircraft Factory in San Diego that built the B-24 during WII. The Garden has wide lawn areas, large trees, benches and is open 24 hours a day.
met_vets280.jpg

Yep it is the Veteran's Garden (specifically at Balboa Park) in San Diego. Your turn. :cool: (People are going to think we are telling each other the answers, but I can assure them that we are not!)

:) Barbara

Maidrite went to bed, so he asked me to put this one in for him. Obviously I can't answer this one! :LOL: So here is one from Maidrite!

This one should be easy, since it gives you a clue right on it. Well, actually thousands, if not millions, of clues!!! My parents have seen it, and I am dying to. WHAT is this?

Attachments

• Mitchell.jpg
    Mitchell.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 215
  • Mitchell 2.jpg
    Mitchell 2.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 244
"here's one: it's a tough one, so i'll give you the country: germany."

BT, I'm a little late but....

It's the Guard Gate on the back lot of The Burbank Studios :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom