Guess what this is a photo of!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was crocheting away watching a show on the Big Bang this afternoon and they showed a segment on the CERN.

Husband nodded his head. ;)

I'm afraid to ask him "what's that" because I know I won't get the short version. :wacko:

He's a keeper though. :heart:

OK........off looking. be back in a few.

Z......go looking now cuz you're sure to get one soon. Hope next one is it.

Short answer: they accelerate subatomic particles to almost light speed and smash them into atoms and learn about the stuff that atoms are made of.

Particle accelerator - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

OK here we go.....

Where is this house, and what is the street address?

img_934865_0_26b001dff31c900abc0e768f528aae86.jpg

Millions of people have seen this place, doesn't exist anymore.

From the movie Meet Me In St Louis.

Benson House in St. Louis. 5135 Kensington.

Oops, Guess no one is getting my humour today ;)

Whatever it is, it isn't an overhead view and it's BIG.

I knew it wasn't an overhead view, but had no clue what it was and that was the first thing that came to mind. I like to participate even if I am without a clue :angel: The second answer was a legitimate one from my hubby.

LPB: I thought it might be Rapunzel's tower, but she must have escaped already 'cause my picture didn't show any hair :)

I was quipping that the long rope or twine or whatever it is was her hair! :cool:

Okay, maybe they aren't that funny.....:rolleyes::LOL:

Oops, Guess no one is getting my humour today ;)

I knew it wasn't an overhead view, but had no clue what it was and that was the first thing that came to mind. I like to participate even if I am without a clue :angel: The second answer was a legitimate one from my hubby.

I was quipping that the long rope or twine or whatever it is was her hair! :cool:

Okay, maybe they aren't that funny.....:rolleyes::LOL:

The Large Hadron Collider came on-line this year, huge deal as far as physics goes. They haven't run it a full power yet. The thing has a 27 mile circumference.

Some wing-nut fears were that this thing could create a black hole that would swallow the Earth.

Large Hadron Collider - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Large Hadron Collider came on-line this year, huge deal as far as physics goes. They haven't run it a full power yet. The thing has a 27 mile circumference.

Some wing-nut fears were that this thing could create a black hole that would swallow the Earth.

Large Hadron Collider - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If it happened they would never know...of course, maybe it did happen...in another reality, not ours.

From the door you can't see it! You have to be standing over it and looking down.:LOL:

Sorry, it struck me funny and I was posting while in a fit of giggles.

Please don't be sorry. We always need a good laugh!

True, but I've distracted us from our objective which is qmax's pic and guessing what it is. And Punday is over (I hope).

Qmax, please repost your picture. I think it looks like a sleeping pod at a Japanese train station or Airport.

Back
Top Bottom