Guess what this is a photo of!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Alix said:
NO!! I think we have the picture but the one who gets to post next should be the one who figures out the event.
Fair enough. I have yet to be able to Google it . . . you?

YAY phinz! Put up a good one for us. I'm heading out for the evening but I'll check back before bed to see whats up.

I think I know who this is, I just have not seen a contemporary photograph of him. I would like to wait to see who else knows him. If I could see his front teeth!! The person I think this is was nominated for the blank blank blank by a person whose last name has four letters, right phinz?

Last edited:
my guess is that this is Thich Nhat Hanh, the Vietnamese Buddhist monk, teacher, Zen Master, poet, lecturer, author and peace activist. He was nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize by the Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

In 1966 Thich Nhat Hanh traveled from Vietnam to the US with a message of Peace and met with Dr. King during that visit. Dr. King was so impressed with his articulate message of peace, he nominated him for the Nobel Prize.

I am not sure what phinz is after regarding what made him so famous. It could be his role as a peace activist during the Vietnam war, or it could be his extensive writings making Buddhism accessable and understandable to the average person.

BTW, in 1995 Thich Nhat Hanh wrote a book "Cultivating the Mind of Love, the Practice of Looking Deeply in the Mahayana Buddhist Tradition", in which he used a painting my sister painted, as the cover art for that book.:cool:

bethzaring said:
BTW, in 1995 Thich Nhat Hanh wrote a book "Cultivating the Mind of Love, the Practice of Looking Deeply in the Mahayana Buddhist Tradition", in which he used a painting my sister painted, as the cover art for that book.:cool:
Wow! That is really interesting! Okay Beth, give us a good one!

:) Barbara

Back
Top Bottom