Guess what this is a photo of!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
phinz, thanks for bringing to light such an amazing person. Do you think we can create as much buzz with Thich Nhat Hahn that Pamela Anderson has garnered on this forum?:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :huh: :huh:

And here is a link on Amazon.com that has the cover art my sister painted

http://www.amazon.com/gp/reader/0938077708/ref=sib_dp_pt/103-5058555-4937424#reader-link

and Thanks Barbara for your comment, we as a family think it is a big deal!

Okay, here is a picture of a building, I am really into architecture. What is this building, where is it and what is its claim to fame?

Attachments

• 744 (3).JPG
    744 (3).JPG
    221.4 KB · Views: 189
bethzaring said:
my guess is that this is Thich Nhat Hanh, the Vietnamese Buddhist monk, teacher, Zen Master, poet, lecturer, author and peace activist. He was nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize by the Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

Shows you why I suck at this game. I thought it was a pic of Nureyev in his latter years.

Is it Smetana Hall in Prague, Czech Republic? "Named for the popular composer and fervent Czech nationalist Bedrich Smetana (1824-84), Smetana Hall is located in one of the world's most distinctive Art Nouveau buildings. Since its 1997 reopening after the building's painstaking reconstruction, the ornate and purely exhilarating Smetana Hall has hosted a series of top-notch events. Such events include a speech by former U.S. Secretary of State Madeleine Albright on her return to her birthplace to invite the Czechs into NATO; and an eclectic evening during a 1997 forum with Gregory Peck, James Earl Jones, and Lynn Redgrave reciting excerpts from Václav Havel plays."

:) Barbara

Barbara L said:
Is it Smetana Hall in Prague, Czech Republic? "Named for the popular composer and fervent Czech nationalist Bedrich Smetana (1824-84), Smetana Hall is located in one of the world's most distinctive Art Nouveau buildings. Since its 1997 reopening after the building's painstaking reconstruction, the ornate and purely exhilarating Smetana Hall has hosted a series of top-notch events. Such events include a speech by former U.S. Secretary of State Madeleine Albright on her return to her birthplace to invite the Czechs into NATO; and an eclectic evening during a 1997 forum with Gregory Peck, James Earl Jones, and Lynn Redgrave reciting excerpts from Václav Havel plays."

:) Barbara

Yes! errrr, close enough! The entire building is known as the Municipal Building/House and its claim to fame is its Art Nouveau styling, a quite remarkable building. The picture I posted was of the side of the building. I will add a few more pictures of it.
You're up Barbara, Good Job!

Attachments

• 745MunicipalBldg (2).jpg
    745MunicipalBldg (2).jpg
    241.4 KB · Views: 181
  • DSCF0746 (2).JPG
    DSCF0746 (2).JPG
    241.1 KB · Views: 179
I was looking for a particular place, and I found it but couldn't find any good pictures of it. So I found another place in the same city. What and where is this?

Hey babyhuggies, here are the rules.
Heres an Idea of a Game for... :w00t2:
Guess what or where this is !!!!!!!

Rules:
1: The poster of the picture must know what or where it is !
2: The one who gets it right gets to put the next photo up. :cool:
3: You Must put weather you are wanting the where or the what it is.
4: Poster is right because of rule number one !:huh:
5: You can ask for clues !
Ok Lets Play ! :wacko:

St. Peter's Cemetery (Salzburg, Austria) with its unique backdrop is one of the oldest and most charming cemeteries in the world.
1.gif
1.gif
1.gif
1.gif
1.gif
1.gif
1.gif
1.gif
St. Peter's Cemetery with its unique backdrop is one of the oldest and most charming cemeteries in the world. It serves as the final resting place for many notable personalities, artists, scholars and merchants: Santino Solari (architect and builder of Salzburg Cathedral), Nannerl Mozart (Mozart's sister), Lorenz Hagenauer (the Mozart family's friend and landlord), Michael Haydn (composer and Joseph Haydn's younger brother), Paul Hofhaimer (organist and composer), Sigmund Haffner (benefactor and mayor, friend of the Mozart family, Mozart's "Haffner Serenade" and "Haffner Symphony"), Richard Mayr (opera singer and the first "Ochs von Lerchenau" in the "Rosenkavalier" at the Salzburg Festival), Harry Collins (last commander of the American occupation forces who later lived in Salzburg, honorary citizen of the city).

The so-called "catacombs" hewn out of the Mönchsberg rock are one of the special attractions at St. Peter's Cemetery (open all year) and probably of early Christian origin. St. Gertrude's Chapel and the Maximus Chapel are especially worth seeing.

Back
Top Bottom