Guess what this is a photo of!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Whew! The stamp did it for me. So, the reference to not being called a camel had to do with the fact that the camel is the ship of the desert? Anyway....

The answer is Shiprock Peak (Tsé Bit'Ai) in the Four-Corners area of New Mexico.

You hurt my brain!

:) Barbara

:mrgreen: You are correct. Shiprock is a volcanic neck, much like Devil's Tower, in New Mexico. It is sacred to the Navajo, hence it is now illegal to climb it. It is an amazing sight to see.

I love the various landforms throughout the southwest, especially in New Mexico. :)
Okay, what and where is this?

Attachments

• whatzitog0.jpg
    whatzitog0.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 177
Darn your photographic memory or super-human powers, or whatever it is you possess! Yes, of course you got it right! I think Wave Rock is really pretty. I found a prettier picture but it had writing across it. :cool:

It is a giant golf ball on a fancy tee on the planet Zorg. :-p

Hmmm, this one looks interesting. The thing in the background almost looks like a prison, but I'm probably wrong. Something to do with an airport also comes to mind. Ok, I'm off to happily wrack my brains and tax my computer's poor little brain to death now!

Taking a thumbnail look; could the large object in the center be a dial of some sort (like a sundial) but may have something to with science and astronomy. There are no parking lots or signs. Could the area behind this be some sort of garden. There is something lifeless about this picture.

Is it the insides of some old instrument or device?

Looks like you got it Buck. :cool:

StirBlue, For awhile I thought it looked like a sundial too, but the angle thingy (which turns out to be a building?) was on the outside of it. I thought it looked like some kind of large religious complex for awhile too.

What's this place? Where was it built? When? Why? Ain't I the demanding one? Questions anyone? Aren't all these question marks getting a bit silly? Sorry, It's just the John Cleese in me.
Good luck.
Buck

Attachments

• pppp.jpg
    pppp.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 156
is it the Crystal palace, built in 1851 (?) for the Great Exhibition, by Queen Victoria's husband, what was his name, oh..........Prince Albert?? In London

where did the picture go? one more try............

and, you can double click on this picture and then enlarge to full screen size, to get a bigger picture....

Attachments

• 123 (3).JPG
    123 (3).JPG
    201 KB · Views: 150

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom