Guess what this is a photo of!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
is it a protective film, like for optics?

Close enough......Good Job Bucky! The film gets installed in the cartridge on the left (facing it) then when you get mud in your face, you twist the lever on the right for a new section of film.

sco_06_nos_xi_wor_whi.jpg

Is it a film that's sensitive to something other than light - like long wave infrared or possibly UV?

I'm thinking perhaps the radiation polymerizes this stuff and so changes its properties.

Oh, I see it's already been guessed.

Tell me, oh Jeekins, what sorts of places do you hang out in that require such a heavy duty form of eye protection? Could it possibly have something to do with some stuff hitting the fan?

Last edited:
i'm guessing dirt bike racing.

cool stuff jeekinz.

i've thought about something like that for skiing.

is it spring loaded or motorized?

i'm guessing dirt bike racing.

cool stuff jeekinz.

i've thought about something like that for skiing.

is it spring loaded or motorized?

Spring loaded. It's a modified version of 'tear-offs' where you stack up extra lenses on your goggles and tear off the top one when it gets dirty....kind of like a tissue box. (but those cause litter)

Close enough......Good Job Bucky! The film gets installed in the cartridge on the left (facing it) then when you get mud in your face, you twist the lever on the right for a new section of film.

sco_06_nos_xi_wor_whi.jpg

i totally forgot that you dirt bike for hobby. thats tight.

no, no, and no.

but i won't tell you the secret.

i'm not gonna be around much until saturday morning, guys. so guess away.

if someone else wants to start a new picture, go ahead.

the one in the commercial with that one song they play at the super bowl all the time. the old 60's song. were they dont say much but hey and yeah. i think.

Back
Top Bottom