Guess what this is a photo of!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No, not Jasmine. And not pre/post bloom. I don't know why the pictures went in that way. I did them like I always do, but it doesn't give the option to enlarge them. When I have time tonight I might be able to work with them.

:)Barbara

I guess it's hint time. :cool: There is another plant with the same name as this, but this one grows in the U.S. southwest. It actually has several names.

They sure do look jasminoid to me, even though you say they are not. :wacko:
I really don't know anything about these, except that I liked the pictures. I am going on the information I have found about them, but jasmine is not listed among the names. I believe this is used a lot for ground-cover in dry areas. Another hint--according to one article I read, they do well by themselves, but not so well with other plants.

P.S. Although good for ground-cover, can grow very tall also. It kind of goes up and out. :cool:

Not buckwheat.

Another hint: Look at how the flowers on the second picture droop. This leads to one of its names.

Further hints, based on further reading: Apparently mainly considered a pest now. While the one article says they don't grow well with other plants, a more scientific article says they take over many other plants. :cool: Mostly found in Arizona, New Mexico, and Texas.

Since I really need to get some work done, here is a big hint. "Weed" is part of some of its names. The droopy flower effect is behind some of its other names.

Back
Top Bottom