Guess what this is a photo of!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
...I thought anything on the internet was fair game. Otherwise you could not copy and save it, like some websites have a "lock" on their pics and text. This gets bantered around on other forums, too.
For a long time it was kind of that way--there were no protections for writers/photographers online. I know that you used to have to go through a lot of red tape to get a copyright, but I learned (from a couple writing groups I belonged to) that now, what you write online is considered copyrighted. That is a big deal for people in online writing groups because if you post a story or part of one, without that protection someone else could take your story and publish it as their own.

You can still copy and save things, but that still doesn't make it any more legal than copying and using pages from a book. Both happen all the time. The Internet is great, but it is such a hard thing to regulate. Well, I've probably made it as clear as mud! You can tell I'm not a copyright lawyer! I do know there are some really weird rules about what you can copy and use. For instance, to tape a show from the TV and show it to a class is okay, but technically you are only allowed to show it a certain number of times and then you are supposed to delete it. It's all crazy. And did you know that it is illegal to show a Disney movie to a class?

:)Barbara

Last edited:
hagia sofia, istanbul?

You got it. Magnificent place. For a thousand years it was the largest structure in Europe. Across the square from the Sultan Ahmed Mosque (Blue Mosque), the Basilica Cisterni, around the corner from Topkapi Palace, and a click away from the Grand Bazaar. Istanbul is fabulous.

Last edited:
img_544444_0_6c4f49d96ad7f78eac23aa7012242ba2.jpg
what am i?
good luck

Well, obiwan9962, I don't want you to think that your picture is being ignored--I was interested enough to actually try and draw it and ask one of my good Japanese friends and she told me what she thought it was but wasn't sure. But I don't want to guess right now because if she was right my DH is out of town and I will hold up this thread trying to post a picture. Can I private message you and tell you what she said?

Well, obiwan9962, I don't want you to think that your picture is being ignored--I was interested enough to actually try and draw it and ask one of my good Japanese friends and she told me what she thought it was but wasn't sure. But I don't want to guess right now because if she was right my DH is out of town and I will hold up this thread trying to post a picture. Can I private message you and tell you what she said?
of course
by all means

This is the Redeemer off of Unreal Tournament. Its basically a portable missile launcher that you run around with and can get monster kills with. Its alot of fun to use because it has a camera on it and you can fly the missile around tell you see your friends on the other team and then you blow em all up.

This is the Redeemer off of Unreal Tournament. Its basically a portable missile launcher that you run around with and can get monster kills with. Its alot of fun to use because it has a camera on it and you can fly the missile around tell you see your friends on the other team and then you blow em all up.

Fascinating.:huh:

Back
Top Bottom