Guess what this is a photo of!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sorry, bed time and all that.

It does measure something in the air, but not gas, humidity, alcohol, or EMF. As I'm sitting here in my basement, it reads 61-62 units of measurement (it'd be a giveaway to mention what units), but it will read all the way up to a highly dangerous 140.

carbon monoxide?
nah, i doubt you would be sitting in a basement with 62 whatevers of carbon monoxide per whatever.

pressure in kpa? but 62 kpa is a little low normal pressure is 101.8 kpa so hmmmm maybe radiation? but who knows why you would own a radiatoin detector

Last edited:
well, a finished basement could read 61 degrees farenheit. are we overthinking this? is it a thermometer of some sort?

btw, radon is measured in pCi/L, or picocuries per liter. 61 or 62 pCi/L would be bad.

Last edited:
So far bananafeller is the closest.

Sounds like it's time for a clue. I bought this in the automotive section of my local mega-mart.

A decibel meter then?
Why the two values? To zero it out?

Good guess miniman!

edit: 21 bucks at Amazon. Whoda thunk?

Last edited:
is it four corners site,

babe:wacko:
That was my first thought too! It didn't look like the pictures I was able to find, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything, since we don't know when this picture was taken. I have always wanted to go to Four Corners.

:)Barbara

A decibel meter then?
Why the two values? To zero it out?

The measurement will jump around a few times a second, so I imagine it's helpful to pinpoint the maximum and minimum values in case you blink and miss it!

That was my first thought too! It didn't look like the pictures I was able to find, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything, since we don't know when this picture was taken. I have always wanted to go to Four Corners.

:)Barbara

It's nice to say you've been, but it's far less interesting than the mystery place looks!

That scenery is hard to place, but I'm reminded of New Mexico, so I'm going to guess it has something to do with the Trinity Test Site.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom