Guess what this is a photo of!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They almost look like spikey version of clamps used in a bench dog hole. I can't think of what they're called for the life of me. I want to say "hold-down clamp", but that doesn't sound right.

Why, they're holes for bench dogs!

Woodworking benches sometimes have holes down into them at some interval. A round stake that's longer than the hole is deep (usually with some sort of flat face on top above the hole) or "dog" is placed in the hole to keep workpieces from sliding around. Other tools like the clamping thing I'm thinking of also use those holes.

One kind of dog:

Heck, Rockler even has the clamps I was thinking of. Heck, they even call them "hold-down clamp":

Last edited:
shoot and I could have had a V-8, Dr. Thunder (visualize man smacking his forehead)...........you might as well tell me how to post a picture on DC!!!!!!!! Jest kidding............thanks for the info.........had no idea what you were referring to but my hubby did............

Well, we seem to be the only ones awake......so let's keep guessing.......Katie should be awake soon....I know that her kitkats are sleeping on her face as we speak..........sppppp.....sppppp......spppp......wake up Katie ...........time to get out of the bed...............

Well, Miss Katie, are these used in your's Bucks business and do you buy them in a hobby shop or in a hardware section....don't panic.........nothing even close to those here--one last question to worm it out of you----are they magnetic?

I'm up and have taken care of my babies. Buck won't fall out for another hour at least.

Yep, kitties are up and have had their breakfast food and warmed milkie. The new kittens are just now getting a bath from their mommy.

Yes, they are used in our business. I've never seen them in a hobby shop or hardware store, but a hardware store would be the most likely place to purchase them. No, they're not magnetic.

Sorry, Doc, not bench dogs. Buck has plenty of bench dogs, but these would definitely not work.

I'm up and have taken care of my babies. Buck won't fall out for another hour at least.

Yep, kitties are up and have had their breakfast food and warmed milkie. The new kittens are just now getting a bath from their mommy.

Yes, they are used in our business. I've never seen them in a hobby shop or hardware store, but a hardware store would be the most likely place to purchase them. No, they're not magnetic.

Sorry, Doc, not bench dogs. Buck has plenty of bench dogs, but these would definitely not work.

Good morning my dear.......and welcome to a beautiful new day.......I have not a single, solitary clue as to what the picture is that you've posted....I hope that someone more savvy comes along and guesses it like that......then I'm sending out a hit squad..........:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

What is your and Buck's business, Katie...... if it's any of my business...... ;)

What. You want me to copy and paste hte wiki definition? :LOL:

I don't know.... something about stretching wool fabric over a frame called a tenter, then using these angle shaped nails to hold it in place so the fabric didn't shrink when it dried.

Is there something else?

What. You want me to copy and paste the wiki definition? :LOL:

I don't know.... something about stretching wool fabric over a frame called a tenter, then using these angle shaped nails to hold it in place so the fabric didn't shrink when it dried.

Is there something else?

Never heard of such a use for the hooks, pacanis, and I've been using them for over 25 years. I've never seen them used for stretching damp/wet woolen fabric over anything. They have a specific use in decorating.

...Andy, you call them drapery hooks. Can you expand on your answer? The "drapery" hooks I'm familiar with look a bit different.

I was thinking of the hooks that you use to hang drapes. I think Pacanis has a better answer.

My mom used to have a big wood fraome with pins all around the perimeter and she would put her curtains (sheers) on it so they dried in a uniform shape. Looks nothing like the hooks you show though.

Back
Top Bottom