Guess what this is a photo of!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Look at me goooooo!!!!

Ok, what is this thing?

img_645442_0_ae8c8c24b33a1c2a5ca50dcb2ef231fb.jpg

Ok... granted that it is scoop looking thing.. .what is it used for? It has a specific purpose. (Smarty pants!)

I don't think they are holes, more like divets? But yes, I think that wedge with the divets is to attach it to something.

Andy, admittedly, I have never used one or seen one in person. (I got the idea from a version of the one I have that I thought was old.) (There was a hint!)

I do not think it is part of a bigger object, but used in a bigger object. Does that make sense?

sattie, the bigger object is part of the deal then. I mean, if you had the scoop but not the bigger object, it douldn't perform its function?

For example, if it was made to scoop popcorn out of a popcorn maker...

Ok, the scoop is designed for maintenance of the bigger object. If the bigger object did not exsist, you could still use the scoop for something!

The scoop is made to scoop something. Then that scoop and that something in the scoop is intended for the bigger object.

Does that help? Trying to do this without totally giving it away!

Sattie...is it a pooper-scooper for your puppy?? HAHA....no for real though. It looks like an old ice scoop maybe. The ledge on the front use to break up the ice. The curve of the handle doesnt look very conducive to scooping though.......

It is really not intended for scooping, but it has to be done in this case to make it useful for what it was intended.

You could use it to scoop poop I guess, but that is one heck of a puppy you are talking about there!!!

it could be an ash catcher. It attaches to the bottom of the furnace so when you sift it the debri doesnt fall out the bottom and ruin your nice new white carpet

another guess if it please you.....maybe to transfer hot coals from the main chamber to the cooking element

Back
Top Bottom