Guess what this is a photo of!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Because of the camera lens distortion I can't see for certain if the ribs are 90 degree cuts, or are undercuts (look like undercuts).

Those ridges raise all sorts of questions. Do they serve a purpose outside ease of fabrication (90 degrees) or another purpose (back cutting)? Is this item so massive because of the structural weakening caused by the ridges, or does the mass serve another purpose.

Also by distortion I can't guess the size of the door on the far wall. And the rail height. Trying to use those visual cues I'm guessing this thing over 10 feet in diameter.

And the ledge running about the room, would it be for work platforms?

Those 'things' in the wall under the ledge lip? Are those bolts or something else?

Was this item cast or machined? Now I'm thinking cast so the ribs would have to serve a purpose. What would that purpose be?

It is not a cover for a test cell.

It has a very specific purpose. It is not just decoration. Although it is open for people to look at.

I believe the layers are undercut, not sure if that aids in it's function or not.

This thing is bigger than 10 feet in diameter.

The layers were fabricated individually, don't know if they were cast or machined.

Re: ledges. See may aforementioned comment about observers.

Does any of this sway your thinking?

Back
Top Bottom