Guess what this is a photo of!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This one should be fairly easy: What is it called and what does it do?

Attachments

• x.jpg
    x.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 178
It's a Nimrod R1, or MRA4, the RAF uses them.
The world's only jet powered maritime patrol & anti submarine warfare aircraft.

Last edited:
It's a Nimrod R1, or MRA4, the RAF uses them.
The world's only jet powered maritime patrol & anti submarine warfare aircraft.

Very good. It won't be the only jet powered maritime patrol aircraft for long, though. The 737-based P-8 is starting to enter it's test phase.

My company had a lot of people in the UK working on a Nimrod upgrade program.

So a few googles and the explanation I found in several placed (and, at least on one site, purported to be an old Roman joke), is that the Nile's eye are covered because it's headwaters were unknown.

So a few googles and the explanation I found in several placed (and, at least on one site, purported to be an old Roman joke), is that the Nile's eye are covered because it's headwaters were unknown.

[FONT=&quot]Fontana dei Quattro Fiumi[/FONT][FONT=&quot] - Fountain of the Four Rivers - Piazza Navona Series [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Oris Barber's Commentary: "This photo shows Bernini's figure depicting the Nile River, with face covered, and Borromini's church in background." According to legend, the figure representing the Nile has its face covered so that it cannot see the façade of the church of Sant' Agnese, designed by Bernini's rival, Francesco Borromini. And the figure representing the River Plate is raising its hand, as if to stop the church from falling down. In fact neither is true as the church was begun a year after the fountain was completed. The true explanation is this: The Nile's face is covered and the River Plate's hand is raised to shield its eyes because the sources of both rivers were unknown at the time. [/FONT]
So Basically they had not found the source of the Nile :chef:
your turn ;)

Back
Top Bottom