Guess what this is a photo of!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Attachments

• y.jpg
    y.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 184
I'm guessing that it's not in the US because I see the guy without a shirt, which OSHA would never allow. I see bottles and what looks like someone in welder's gear. Malaysia?

It's the Mike Device, the first fusion bomb, tested in Operation Ivy. Those guys aren't wearing shirts because it's hot in the Marshall Islands.

I figured you would get it. I hope it wasn't too easy.:rolleyes:

Thing was cryogenicaly cooled, took up the whole building. Was more like a fusion installation.

Definitely wasn't too easy. I spent quite a while looking, but thought with the way it was piped, it had to be nuclear of some sort.

I have one in mind. Give me a few minutes. It'll probably be pretty easy, though.

Definitely wasn't too easy. I spent quite a while looking, but thought with the way it was piped, it had to be nuclear of some sort.

I have one in mind. Give me a few minutes. It'll probably be pretty easy, though.

The pipes to the right are actually "light pipes". They channeled early bomb light to test instrumentation a couple of miles away.

It does look like English/Scottish architecture...or could be Welsh...there's loads of places here like the photo, my 1st thought was Conway Castle, but somehow I keep thinking prison...so back to the drawing board

Back
Top Bottom