Guess who I saw?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SurvivorGirl

Sous Chef
So yesterday we went to Whole Foods (I'm sure yur sick of me talking about it) but while we were there we saw, get ready for it... Ken Finkleman!!

Ken Finkleman

ok so admitally I didn't know who he was, but my parents were familiar with his work.
anyone a fan?

SurvivorGirl said:
So yesterday we went to Whole Foods (I'm sure yur sick of me talking about it) but while we were there we saw, get ready for it... Ken Finkleman!!

Ken Finkleman

ok so admitally I didn't know who he was, but my parents were familiar with his work.
anyone a fan?

Was it a friendly how do or does he live in the same city as you guys? What did he buy?

((I have never ran into one of our local towns people that he was not buying a head of lettuce and a gallon of milk.))

He was buying green beans along with some other things that i forget. I take it that he lives in the area (downtown toronto) because he has apparently been seen around there before.

we didn't get to meet him or anything (we were in different cash lines) but he looked up and smiled at us!:mrgreen:

So tonight we went and saw Rufus Wainwright live!! It was awesome!:D
while there, we also saw... John Moore (radio host from CFRB that we listen to very often) and Jian Ghomeshi (from Moxy Frovous [you know, king of spain, green eggs and ham, the Norbles] one of my absolute favourite bands!!:) he now apparently also works for CBC radio 1)!!!!
we were 1 row behind Jian and we were across the hallway from John Moore (the hallway was only about 6 feet wide) during intermission!:w00t:
we were trying to work up the nerve to go and talk say hi to John but he was talking to someone and same thing happened with Jian:glare:
woulda coulda should eh?
anyway, that makes our 2007 celebrity count 4 - Ken Finkleman, John Moore, Jian Ghomeshi, and Rufus Wainwright (awesome concert by the by!)

Makes me wonder how many famous people I've seen at Whole Foods and didn't appreciate it because I had/have no clue who they are...

Whole Foods

Did you ever ask the chef who works at your Whole Foods who he has prepared food for? Interesting!

I go there as much as possible due to problem I have w/food I get from regular store. I just can't believe how I have hardly any trouble w/the vegetables or fruits unless I do push my luck. Whenever I hear someone on television mention shopping at Whole Foods my ear perk up. At our store, I have run into television people, politicians, and well known others. I just am thankful that they too are interested in trying to keep their health. Last week I finally spoke to someone from tv and was the same as appeared on tv. I really don't think they like to be noticed. Get that too much. I usually put myself in their place and think I just want to have my own time.

Good to hear you like Whole Foods. Keep it up. I do notice difference in way I can tolerate fresh produce. Like answer to a prayer.

Thanks for sharing.

:) :)Ok!Talking about celebrities I once saw John Paul Belmondo and Elliotte Gould in the 1970s at the Parragon Sporting Goods store off of Union Square in New York I worked at the changing rooms to make sure people came out of changing room with what they came in with.I also met John Ritter he was looking to buy diapers at the Taos Ski Valley where I worked for 11 years I also cooked for George Strait dinners at the high mountain lodge for 5 days where I live now.OOps almost forgot I took a raft trip in Moab,Utah and Rachel Ward (The Thornbirds series was on the raft)she actually made the tuna salad for our lunch break.She was stunningly beautiful.Oh yea almost forgot I once ate at the same table here at the ranch with Steve Miller from the Steve Miller Band he was just a regular down to earth guy.Im sure I came across more but dont remember or put it together when I see them.Thought of another Dennis Hopper at a restaurant in Taos my boyfriend at the time made me die of embarrassment when he did an impression of Hopper sucking up laughing gas in Blue Velvet he was at the table next to us.

Last edited:
:) I have also met Jane Fonda she comes to the ranch for Turkey hunting HB is her guide also Ted Turner of course he owns the ranch and he once brought Larry King up to the high mountain lodge for a few minutes.King didnt seem very comfortable being in the middle of nowhere.Im sure there are a few more but cant remember at the moment.Taos,NM is popular with celebrities.

jpmcgrew

Wow! That sure is impressive! You must have good memory to remember seeing all of them. Names sure are popular. What did you think of Jane Fonda? Taos New Mexico is where my son learned how to ski one year. Maybe you would have seen him if he was someone important. Isn't that were Julia Roberts and her husband and children live? I think I read it somewhere. She is supposed to be having another baby. Guess she likes being a mom. Looks like she has a kind heart toward children and animals.

Thanks for sharing all the people you have seen. Whenever I see anybody sure is while before I realize where I saw the person. Then when I remember they are gone. Very seldom do I actually get to talk to someone. I do like all the people you mentioned. Could you t ell me what was your impression of Ted Turner? Was he very thin? Doesn't look to muscular to me on tv.

Back
Top Bottom