Guilty of using DC as a filing cabinet...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CWS4322

Chef Extraordinaire
Okay, I'm guilty of using DC as a filing cabinet for recipe links. I will post a link so that when I get around to making the recipe, I can find it easily. I did that with the cherry sauce link last week, the rhubarb ice cream link before that...anyone else guilty of using DC as a filing cabinet for recipe links?

I don't.

I decided some time ago not to rely on a link's still working sometime in the future when I want a certain recipe. When I see a recipe I'm interested in, I copy it to my computer and file it in my recipes folder.

i guess i've done that in a way, but not from first intentions.

i've posted recipes here that later in i wanted to make again but could not find my hard copy or notes, so remembering that i posted it here i searched and found what i needed.

so it was more of a backup cabinet to me.

i guess i've done that in a way, but not from first intentions.

i've posted recipes here that later in i wanted to make again but could not find my hard copy or notes, so remembering that i posted it here i searched and found what i needed.

so it was more of a backup cabinet to me.

+1

I do that too! I recently was searching for a recipe and couldn't find it in my files so remembering I posted it here, I did a search, found it, copy/paste to word doc, print and I was back in business!

That's more or less what I meant, I print the recipe to a pdf, put it in my recipes folder on my computer, but I also post the link here, sometimes it is faster to find the link than remember the name of the file--sometimes it is the recipe name, sometimes I change it.

CWS, Buonasera.

Blogging on a Forum is something quite new for me ... and thus, not intentionally because I prefer Paper Notebooks, and all that is here, is written too ... I like to write and I enjoy the discussion ...

So with this in mind, I have never thought of D.C. being a File ... Just a Forum with real people, positive and negative on the other side of their Avatars ...

Interesting question CWS ... Thanks for posting ...

Ciao, Have nice wkend.
Margi.

Because I have so much paper in my life (work, charitable work, personal), I am trying to get rid of paper. I have no children, so can't imagine the poor soul who would have to go through all the paper I have. Hence, I have been working at getting rid of paper (newspaper clips, magazines, etc.) and scan as much as I can, put on memory sticks and hope the sticks can still be read as technology changes.

Not guilty!

I use my kitchen wall as a filing cabinet for receipes I use often. They are stuck up all over it. :yum:

No ma'am, I handwrite all the good recipes I find in my black book with modifications. Been working on it since 2006, and only the best ones make it in there.

If there's a recipe I want to make, I keep a tab open in my browser until I get to it as a constant reminder.

Not guilty!

I use my kitchen wall as a filing cabinet for receipes I use often. They are stuck up all over it. :yum:
That would drive me crazy! Other than the utensil container, I don't keep any thing on my counter tops--toaster comes out, is used, gets put away. I also don't use the fridge as a bulletin board, nothing on the walls (don't really have a lot of wall space...).

No, it is because my mom's counter tops were always covered with stuff (and still are). I hated cleaning her kitchen (still do). I have space to put things away (now that I store the big stuff in the basement) and like to have things put away. The kitchen, bathroom, and my bedroom all are like that. Still working on the other rooms. The house is not that large, so I try to keep clutter under control. Besides, I hate to dust.

Back
Top Bottom