"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 10-06-2006, 09:53 PM   #11
Executive Chef

My pictures came out horrible! I am not showing them to you guys It's like seeing myself on high definition tv, the wrinkles, the sagging eye lids...oh my! Oh well, it's only hair, it will grow back if I dont like the cut tomorrow.

Bluecat, I'm not sure about highlights or going darker for the winter. I think your suppose to use highlights in the summer and darker in the winter but I could be wrong. Maybe jkath can answer that.

Old 10-06-2006, 09:54 PM   #12
Senior Cook

I am very grey now, and wouldn't dream of a colour. I do envy those with a bit of wave in their hair, I think it is so pretty.

Old 10-06-2006, 09:56 PM   #13
Senior Cook

My kids once gave me a No. 2 haircut. I just loved it.
Old 10-07-2006, 01:06 AM   #14
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeraBlue
I'm very particular about who I let touch my hair...so I haven't gotten it cut professionally in over 10 years.
I am no help to you, whatsoever.
another flow-bee devotee?

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 09:49 AM   #15
Sous Chef

LOL, Buckytom! That must be it!

As for the highlight vs. dark, Amber, I thought the same thing. Might be time to go back to the darker shade.

BC
Old 10-07-2006, 11:21 AM   #16
Hospitality Queen

yep - darker in the autumn, lighter in the spring.
Old 10-08-2006, 06:43 AM   #17
Master Chef

I, too, only had my hair cut once a year. Used to wear it shoulder length. But last winter exzema and psoriosis laid my scalp a ruins, and I lost most of it. I considered just shaving it, but maintained my equilibrium and nursed my couple dozen hairs. My hair did grow back in .... about half of it (I had thin, fine hair to begin with). But it grew in .... Very, Very, Very curly (it used to be very straight). I'm a little freaked. I've heard of this happening after Chemo. I visited my family in the spring, and my mom and sisters were really astonished. Everyone is. I really don't know how to deal with it. It is like some strange body is living on my scalp. Everyone says they like my "new look", and lots assume that I permed it.

Anyway, after living in a small town for 5 years, I think maybe it's time for a good haircut. I simply have been taking scizzors and lopping off the few stray straight bits (that stick out from the curly mass), or spraying it all with a conditioning spray and slicking it back into a bun.
Old 10-08-2006, 09:10 AM   #18
Executive Chef

Send a message via MSN to YT2095
yup, me too, once a year I have a Trim, just to keep the ends level, I`ve also never paid anyone to do this either.
when it`s wet it gets combed back then my wife just levels it off.
I think if I were to have it cut, she would probably never ever speak to me again!
the lengh down my back is just a little above belt level.

YT2095 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 09:23 AM   #19
Head Chef

Re coulour, I have light blonde highlights in my hair, but when winter is dragging on and feeling dull I have extra light beigey-white ones put through my normal colour. Its kids myself that I might look as if I have just been skiing and cheers me up!

I have really curly hair, and last had it professionally cut....ooh, 5 years ago? probably more. because I never bother to straighten it these days I just lob the ends of the curls when they look like they need it and to change the shape....when it is wet and straight its all different lengths.

I think the most important thing is to have something that makes you happy done, and helps you smile when you look in the mirror. Whther its appropriate or not. My mother all ways looks longingly at the scarlet samples in the hairdresser and saighs saying she would love it if she were younger, so I always urge her to have a semi-permanant streak of flame put through, but she just laughs and shakes her head and me. But then I had pink hair for a while, so I guess I am not so reliable to offer colour advice!.....

have a great haircut and make sure you get spoiled and relaxed ;)
Old 10-08-2006, 08:45 PM   #20
Sous Chef

I went dark, as suggested. My stylist suggested the same. It really feels more "me" when it's dark anyway. I will probably do some highlights for fun next spring or summer.

BC