Halloween Costume Ideas?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The Z

Head Chef
My lady and I plan to attend a Halloween costume party next weekend (28th) but are at something of a loss for ideas. Well, I should say that we do have a few, but we don't want something that's going to cost a lot of money or be a lot of 'bother' to craft.

Just wondering if people here had any cute and creative ideas for couples.

(fallback idea: Togas)

A fav of mine is Gomez and Morticia Addams. One year the hubby and I were invited at the last minute to a party by his work, since at that time we both dressed western all the time (outside of work); it was nothing to add our Stetsons and boots, I provided the spurs, ropes and halters (had these all my life, grew up on ranches) and went as rodeo riders. Another year we went through our closets and came up with a gypsy for him and a Spanish dancer for me. Just keep all kinds of possibilities in your mind as you go through your closets and your SO's make-up drawer!!

At a couples Halloween party one year, Buck and I went as good and evil. I dressed in my witch costume and I made him a Friar Tuck-like robe (with a hood) out of dark brown burlap. He went outside and cut a small sapling from the woods for his staff.

I tinted my liquid make-up with a little green food coloring to make my face really eerie. Buck made a cross out of wood that he strung on a leather shoestring and wore around his neck In keeping with the theme, he wore sandals.

If you're game, you two could go as Daisy Mae and Li'l Abner. Those costumes wouldn't be too costly and pretty easy to get the pieces together.

Or, how 'bout Mickey and Minnie. Make felt ears and attach them to plastic headbands, etc., etc., etc.

I suggested that we go as Dubya and Condi (she could get away with Condi a LOT more easily than Daisy Mae, if ya know what I mean). I could spray some gray in my hair and part it the way Dubya does and try to use make-up to put some more lines on my face... maybe go with the down-home Dubya look (suit jacket, jeans, cowboy hat). Perhaps I could craft a laundry detergent bucket into a "WMD" so I could show everyone we found it!!!

She wasn't real keen on the idea, but it's stilll on the table.

It would be fun for her to wear something skimpy, and she'd do it and has the bod for it, but we're afraid she'd get too cold.

You could go to a thrift store and check out costumes/clothes
find something funky and fun!!

Have a great time Z.

She could go as an old lady
and you could go as a baby....

Back
Top Bottom