Halloween costumes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

corazon

Executive Chef
Native New Mexican, now live in Bellingham, WA
Halloween is coming up! Aidan is telling me he wants to be a lion for halloween, it will be the first year we will take him treak or treating.

I thought this might be a fun thread. What have you or your kids been for Halloween? And what is planned for this year? And let's see some pictures if you have any!

Lets see...I have been a hippie, a fuzzy dice (spent the whole night walking around in a cardboard box), biker chick, and a bunch of stuff I can't remember. I'm sure more will come to me.

The only things that I really remember is, one year, I was 3 and my mom made me a pumpkin. All she did was, get orange material and green felt, sew a big balloon looking thing, sewed five holes with elastic for my head, arms and legs. She put a wire hange in the center like a hoola hoop {they didnt' have those or that could have been easier} then she sewed a beret looking hat and put sewed a green felt piece on it to looking like the stem and then sewed black felt triangles for eyes and the mouth.
Then when I was about 12, I went as a belly dancer, not to daring, she made a halter top and balloon pants and bought the netting and even had the beaded foot things in her jewelry box, never was brave enough to ask her where she got them hehe.
My boys were always what was popular, superheroes, ghostbusters etc... one year they went as puppies.

I saw a walking bunch of grapes. A purple leotard with purple balloons pinned all over & a little stem on the head. At a nightclub one year, a fellow won best costume dressed as a garbage can. He had a lid on his head and boxes of food, laundry detergent etc. dangling from the outside of the can. Maybe suspenders held the can up over his shoulders, while his feet stuck out at the bottom. :LOL:

This site always makes me laugh.

https://www.halloweenunlimited.com/index.cfm

Last edited:
I think the best costume my kids ever did...was the last year when my youngest went out...he went out dressed up as Santa Claus. Everyone kept saying...hey! you're a little early aren't you Santa?

My two favourites were the kid who made himself into a toilet and would lift the lid for you to toss candy in the bowl, and you guessed it...Spongebob. The poor kid could hardly sit down, but man what a costume! That one got extra chocolate from me.

i remember being a kooky spook once. remember those things you blew up and put on your head and tied it under the chin ?
i was also stripe the year gremlins came out. i've been a punk rocker with the red tinsel wigs, black eye makeup (even the eye shadow) and 3 earings in my left ear 2 in my right. a few years ago i borrowed my sister's scrubs and was a nurse.

the most creative i have seen lately was a girl who wore white stocking and she made a dress out of a white garbage bag. she had empty packs of cigarettes and food labels taped everywhere. she was "white trash" lol

my son was buzz lightyear last year. this year he's going to be darth vader.

One year I went as the most horrifying thing I could possibly think of.

I figured that the parents that open the door had seen everything and wern't phased by monsters, ghosts or ghouls, so I put on my best sunday suit and tie, shined my shoes and grabbed my moms briefcase.

I would then introduce myself at each door as an IRS Auditor. :mrgreen:

~ Raven ~

This is my kids & I last Halloween. I'm not sure what they want to be this year. If I'm home giving out candy, I'll be a witch.

Attachments

• DS2_0393__2_.JPG
    DS2_0393__2_.JPG
    58.7 KB · Views: 210
Raven said:

I figured that the parents that open the door had seen everything and wern't phased by monsters, ghosts or ghouls, so I put on my best sunday suit and tie, shined my shoes and grabbed my moms briefcase.

~ Raven ~
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Scary!!!!
This year my 10 year old is going to be an orange m&m (crispy), and my older boy, who's 13th birthday is on halloween will be a jester with a skeleton mask.

Because I had a halloween baby, we've always had great costumes and parties - you name it, we've done it. One favorite was the year he turned 4 and was Aladdin. His little brother was 16 months old, and I took an old teddy bear costume, removed the ears, added big felt ears, a long tail, a red/purple vest and a fez. He was "Abu" the monkey.:)

The best costume I ever wore was one I dreamed up for my roommate and myself. We were otter pops.

Raven said:

~ Raven ~

Hee, Hee. I bet you didn't get much candy :-p

Raven, you reminded me of the same costume, except with a summons stuck on the back -- A Lawsuit (Groannnn). (Btw, your taxidermy addy always cracks me up.)

Cute, cute pic of you and your little ones, Crewsk.

I might wear this when the kids come to the door. (And my Corrections Officer outfit when I go out.)

grouchoglasses8ef.jpg

mudbug said:
So mish, are you going to open the door and say "Say the secret woid and get a piece of candy!"?

:ROFLMAO: I remember that b/w show mud. I'll do it with a bubblegum cigar.

You're welcome, Crewsk. They look exactly like you :)

Last edited:
That's what everyone says but I think TC looking more like his dad every day. There's no hope for Savannah though, she's stuck looking like me for the rest of her life.:LOL:

Aw, crewsk. I know you're kidding. Lovely family. I never asked, but since you mentioned TC, what does it stand for? (Only if you are comfortable with that.)

Back
Top Bottom