"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 09-27-2007, 01:40 AM   #1
Executive Chef

Halloween Costumes?

Halloween is fast approaching and it's time to start thinking costumes. Anybody going to any costume parties? What are your costume plans for yourself and/or your kids? I've decided on a Roman theme this year so it's toga type costumes for everyone. I can't wait!

Old 09-27-2007, 04:45 AM   #2
Executive Chef

Send a message via MSN to YT2095
no party as Hallow`en is also our wedding aniversary too, so we stay in and serve candy.
I`ll be doing my Doctor Death, wearing the green surgeons scrubs and a white lab coat, nitrile gloves and stethoscope a scalpel sticking out on my arm and serving candy from a stainless steel kidney dish with Spencer Wells forceps.

I`ll have to rig up a timer this year for the fog machine, last year I fogged out the entire house (both floors) in less than a minute, I don`t want to make that same mistake again.

YT2095 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 07:11 AM   #3
Head Chef

As I posted before, we are going to a party. I will be a Christmas tree and my DH will be Frosty the Snowman.
Old 09-27-2007, 09:58 AM   #4
Head Chef

Actually i have no clue what im going to be doing this Halloween. Since i dont have kids and all my friends moved out of state on me. Im thinking of going over to the Neighbors house and taking there kids. OR better yet maybe i can find a date and go somewheres fun. Maybe ill let my date give me a make over for halloween.
Old 09-27-2007, 10:19 AM   #5
Executive Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Michelemarie
Every year we decorate the garage and have an "open" party for the neighborhood - whoever can stop by, scoop up some chili and some goodies and stay and mingle or leave to trick or treat. Every year I need to make more and more chili, this year I have 12 lbs of ground beef, lets see if that will do the trick.

My little guy refused to wear a costume last year, he was scared of anything to do with halloween except for his pumpkin, and that included any kind of costume. Last year he wore a tshirt that said "I don't do costumes". Now that he is three he likes the halloween decor but I haven't mentioned a costume. I found a cute fireman costume that is basically a top and pants - I am hoping he will wear that. It came with a cute hat but that is questionable. We'll see........
Old 09-27-2007, 11:37 AM   #6
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by YT2095 View Post
no party as Hallow`en is also our wedding aniversary too, so we stay in and serve candy.
I`ll be doing my Doctor Death, wearing the green surgeons scrubs and a white lab coat, nitrile gloves and stethoscope a scalpel sticking out on my arm and serving candy from a stainless steel kidney dish with Spencer Wells forceps.

I`ll have to rig up a timer this year for the fog machine, last year I fogged out the entire house (both floors) in less than a minute, I don`t want to make that same mistake again.
That's such a cool anniversary. (I'll bet there are some great stories about your wedding!!) Do kids go around the neighborhood in large numbers there in the UK?
Old 09-27-2007, 11:45 AM   #7
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelemarie View Post
Every year we decorate the garage and have an "open" party for the neighborhood - whoever can stop by, scoop up some chili and some goodies and stay and mingle or leave to trick or treat. Every year I need to make more and more chili, this year I have 12 lbs of ground beef, lets see if that will do the trick.

My little guy refused to wear a costume last year, he was scared of anything to do with halloween except for his pumpkin, and that included any kind of costume. Last year he wore a tshirt that said "I don't do costumes". Now that he is three he likes the halloween decor but I haven't mentioned a costume. I found a cute fireman costume that is basically a top and pants - I am hoping he will wear that. It came with a cute hat but that is questionable. We'll see........
I never thought of serving a food, too, but chili is a wonderful idea. That's so cute about your little fellow. I had one like that and I don't think he wore his first costume til he was 4. Good luck with the fireman. (Maybe he'll put the hat on long enough for a picture.) Do you think he'll enjoy helping with the goodies this year?
Old 09-27-2007, 11:46 AM   #8
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisher's Mom View Post
Halloween is fast approaching and it's time to start thinking costumes. Anybody going to any costume parties? What are your costume plans for yourself and/or your kids? I've decided on a Roman theme this year so it's toga type costumes for everyone. I can't wait!
I remember a few years ago, when I was still in college, I went to a party dressed as Franzia boxed wine..it was great! I even managed to attach a real box of wine on the inside so that it had a real working tap! Wasn't my idea, saw someone else's photo on the net, and decided to try it myself.
Old 09-27-2007, 12:38 PM   #9
Executive Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Dina
As every hear, my husband will be decorating the front of the house and give out candy. He'll be adding some more creepy things to fright everyone. He has a blast during this time. My daughter and I will be going to a mother/daughter costume party a week before halloween with all her friends and their moms. We plan to bring lots of fun foods and have some activities for the kids. My little one will be dressed as the Black Spiderman this year and he's really excited to go trick-or-treating around the neighborhood.
Old 09-27-2007, 12:39 PM   #10
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
We have a party to go to but... we'll go with out costumes as will most of the other guests.

Last year we only got about 6 trick or treaters... so I doubt if I'll even buy much candy.
It's just not a big deal in our neck of the woods. :)