Halloween Costumes?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fisher's Mom

Executive Chef
Halloween is fast approaching and it's time to start thinking costumes. Anybody going to any costume parties? What are your costume plans for yourself and/or your kids? I've decided on a Roman theme this year so it's toga type costumes for everyone. I can't wait!

no party as Hallow`en is also our wedding aniversary too, so we stay in and serve candy.
I`ll be doing my Doctor Death, wearing the green surgeons scrubs and a white lab coat, nitrile gloves and stethoscope a scalpel sticking out on my arm and serving candy from a stainless steel kidney dish with Spencer Wells forceps.

I`ll have to rig up a timer this year for the fog machine, last year I fogged out the entire house (both floors) in less than a minute, I don`t want to make that same mistake again.

As I posted before, we are going to a party. I will be a Christmas tree and my DH will be Frosty the Snowman.

Actually i have no clue what im going to be doing this Halloween. Since i dont have kids and all my friends moved out of state on me. Im thinking of going over to the Neighbors house and taking there kids. OR better yet maybe i can find a date and go somewheres fun. Maybe ill let my date give me a make over for halloween.

Every year we decorate the garage and have an "open" party for the neighborhood - whoever can stop by, scoop up some chili and some goodies and stay and mingle or leave to trick or treat. Every year I need to make more and more chili, this year I have 12 lbs of ground beef, lets see if that will do the trick.

My little guy refused to wear a costume last year, he was scared of anything to do with halloween except for his pumpkin, and that included any kind of costume. Last year he wore a tshirt that said "I don't do costumes". Now that he is three he likes the halloween decor but I haven't mentioned a costume. I found a cute fireman costume that is basically a top and pants - I am hoping he will wear that. It came with a cute hat but that is questionable. We'll see........

no party as Hallow`en is also our wedding aniversary too, so we stay in and serve candy.
I`ll be doing my Doctor Death, wearing the green surgeons scrubs and a white lab coat, nitrile gloves and stethoscope a scalpel sticking out on my arm and serving candy from a stainless steel kidney dish with Spencer Wells forceps.

I`ll have to rig up a timer this year for the fog machine, last year I fogged out the entire house (both floors) in less than a minute, I don`t want to make that same mistake again.
That's such a cool anniversary. (I'll bet there are some great stories about your wedding!!) Do kids go around the neighborhood in large numbers there in the UK?

Every year we decorate the garage and have an "open" party for the neighborhood - whoever can stop by, scoop up some chili and some goodies and stay and mingle or leave to trick or treat. Every year I need to make more and more chili, this year I have 12 lbs of ground beef, lets see if that will do the trick.

My little guy refused to wear a costume last year, he was scared of anything to do with halloween except for his pumpkin, and that included any kind of costume. Last year he wore a tshirt that said "I don't do costumes". Now that he is three he likes the halloween decor but I haven't mentioned a costume. I found a cute fireman costume that is basically a top and pants - I am hoping he will wear that. It came with a cute hat but that is questionable. We'll see........
I never thought of serving a food, too, but chili is a wonderful idea. That's so cute about your little fellow. I had one like that and I don't think he wore his first costume til he was 4. Good luck with the fireman. (Maybe he'll put the hat on long enough for a picture.;)) Do you think he'll enjoy helping with the goodies this year?

Halloween is fast approaching and it's time to start thinking costumes. Anybody going to any costume parties? What are your costume plans for yourself and/or your kids? I've decided on a Roman theme this year so it's toga type costumes for everyone. I can't wait!

I remember a few years ago, when I was still in college, I went to a party dressed as Franzia boxed wine..it was great! I even managed to attach a real box of wine on the inside so that it had a real working tap! Wasn't my idea, saw someone else's photo on the net, and decided to try it myself.

As every hear, my husband will be decorating the front of the house and give out candy. He'll be adding some more creepy things to fright everyone. He has a blast during this time. My daughter and I will be going to a mother/daughter costume party a week before halloween with all her friends and their moms. We plan to bring lots of fun foods and have some activities for the kids. My little one will be dressed as the Black Spiderman this year and he's really excited to go trick-or-treating around the neighborhood.

We have a party to go to but... we'll go with out costumes as will most of the other guests.

Last year we only got about 6 trick or treaters... so I doubt if I'll even buy much candy.
It's just not a big deal in our neck of the woods. :)

James won't be here and we don't know anyone who has a Halloween party, so no party for me. :( We live pretty much in the country and have never had kids come, so I won't be buying candy. Our church has a little carnival and I might go help with that (of course I'll have to participate in the cake-walk a few times!). The purpose of the carnival is to keep the kids off the streets, trick-or-treating, but a lot of the kids come to the carnival then go trick-or-treating. Halloween was a big deal for us and our friends growing up in San Diego and Vista (North San Diego County).

:)Barbara

James won't be here and we don't know anyone who has a Halloween party, so no party for me. :( We live pretty much in the country and have never had kids come, so I won't be buying candy. Our church has a little carnival and I might go help with that (of course I'll have to participate in the cake-walk a few times!). The purpose of the carnival is to keep the kids off the streets, trick-or-treating, but a lot of the kids come to the carnival then go trick-or-treating. Halloween was a big deal for us and our friends growing up in San Diego and Vista (North San Diego County).

:)Barbara
That's rotten for you Barbara! We don't have trick-or-treaters either in my little pocket neighborhood so we usually go to the Zoo Boo or Fiesta Texas. Even Sea World has a Halloween bash. Like in your area, the zoo thing is to keep younger kids off the streets. My youngest loves it! This year I think we'll go to Fiesta on Halloween night because the older kids will be here and it's not too scary for the 5 year old anymore. There's also a great haunted house nearby that's open the whole month of October and a haunted hayride on the outskirts of town that we love. October is my favorite month.:)

We're not doing anything here. Anytime we plan a party nobody ever shows up.
I'll just take Billy out for trick-or-treating.

What do ya'll think about having a virtual Halloween party here the day after Halloween, which would be Thursday, Nov. 1? (Or it could be the day before or whenever.) We could post pictures of costumes or our Jack-O-Lanterns or our spooky decorations or our yummy Halloween treats. Also, we could post our favorite creepy ghost stories. It wouldn't have to be pics of this year - it could be any of our fav Halloween pics. Maybe this is goofy so if no one is interested, I won't be put out. lol

No party here. Buck and I will be handing out candy on our front porch, weather permitting. The last couple of years it's been warm enough to do that as long as we wore long-sleeved shirts or a light jacket.

We usually have a pretty good turnout for trick-or-treaters. We live in town and our street is in transition from older folks with no children to young families with 2 or 3 children, so life's picking up here.

I have to remember to buy plenty of goodies. One year we ran out and ended up scrounging for pennies an anything else we could find in the house. I'm considering ordering from Oriental Trading Company instead of "sugaring up" the neighborhood children.:angel:

Back
Top Bottom