Halloween Costumes ??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lyndalou

Head Chef
My DH and I have been invited to a costume party on Halloween. I haven't a clue as to what to do about costumes. I definitely don't want to buy anything very expensive. Any ideas you'd care to share?

You might take a trip to a thrift store and see what they have in old clothes. That might inspire you in some way and not put too big a dent in your wallet. You could always go "hippie" or "hobo" with stuff from there but you may find an old prom dress or old leisure suit for hubby. Make up and stuff from the craft store and become the homecoming king and queen of Zombie high!

jabbur said:
You might take a trip to a thrift store and see what they have in old clothes. That might inspire you in some way and not put too big a dent in your wallet. You could always go "hippie" or "hobo" with stuff from there but you may find an old prom dress or old leisure suit for hubby. Make up and stuff from the craft store and become the homecoming king and queen of Zombie high!

Or...beetlejuice beetlejuice beetlejuice!!!

A few years ago when we went to a party, DH and I both wore full head latex masks of some hairy skull things, about ten bucks apiece at Walmart, along with black hoodies. Didn't talk at all for awhile. No one knew who we were! Creeped everyone out big time.

Corn syrup, corn starch, and red food coloring make good fake blood. They have the little kits of makeup for zombies and vampires at the store, or use eyeshadow, and cornstarch mixed with face cream for a nice palor. Do the old Halloween Michael Meyers/Beetlejuice eyeholes cut in a sheet.

Fun!

Last edited:
I understand one of the more popular costumes this year is the Whitey Bulger costume. All you'll need is an orange jumpsuit, handcuffs and white hair.

Andy M. said:
I understand one of the more popular costumes this year is the Whitey Bulger costume. All you'll need is an orange jumpsuit, handcuffs and white hair.

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

i've been thinking about doing a homemade spongebob costume that i've seen before.

get a long, rectangular box that just covers your upper body and head down past your waist when the flaps are opened. cut wedges out of the short sides, thus allowing you to tuck the longer flaps into a pair of shorts. cut holes on the short sides where your arms stick out.

paint the box yellow with a big set of lashy, smiling eyes, long nose, and big smile on the upper half, and cut and glue an old shirt and tie towards the bottom.

wear beige shorts, read and blue striped tube socks, and black shoes to complete it.

hth. :)

DOG AND CAT HALLOWEEN.jpg

I couldn't find the pictures thread, but I thought this would be a good place to post this. It came up on my homepage (iGoogle) and it was too cute to resist.

Last edited:
Zhizara said:
I couldn't find the pictures thread, but I thought this would be a good place to post this. It came up on my homepage (iGoogle) and it was too cute to resist.

It is cute! I love the way the cat is all straightened out!

Shrek and fiona were the best ones we have ever done. We used green hairspray on our heads and arms and just got creative with the clothes.
I bought some rubber horns and snipped the ends off and glued them to my ears.

Here is a prop I am almost done with that would be an eas costume. The head is a mask I got online for ten bucks. He is Jack Skellington and his dog Zero from the movie A Nightmare Before Christmas.

Attachments

• IMG_1124.jpg
    IMG_1124.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 159
Last edited:
4meandthem said:
Shrek and fiona were the best ones we have ever done. We used green hairspray on our heads and arms and just got creative with the clothes.
I bought some rubber horns and snipped the ends off and glued them to my ears.

Here is a prop I am almost done with that would be an eas costume. The head is a mask I got online for ten bucks. He is Jack Skellington and his dog Zero from the movie A Nightmare Before Christmas.

That is COOL!

Thanks Dawgluver! He is made out of 1'' pvc sandwiched between layers of styrofoam.The fingers are ball-point pens with a wire running in them.
I can pose this prop in a number of ways including sitting.

Last edited:
We went as Kermit the frog and Miss Piggy one year! We have also gone as Elvira and Dracula!

I have to come up with a H'ween costume that will allow me to CURL
(that sport where you glide rocks on a sheet of ice and SWEEP like crazy). The only thing I can think of is to wear scrubs and a mask and be a surgeon...

I have to come up with a H'ween costume that will allow me to CURL
(that sport where you glide rocks on a sheet of ice and SWEEP like crazy). The only thing I can think of is to wear scrubs and a mask and be a surgeon...

Splash on some fake blood and some ghoulish makeup and be a demented surgeon curler.:LOL:

Back
Top Bottom