"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 10-20-2008, 08:51 PM   #11
Head Chef

I remember my parents had a piggy game.. but I never knew what it was for. It was 3 piggies and they landed funny!

Old 10-20-2008, 11:13 PM   #12
Executive Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Dina
Awsome kid games guys~thank you so much but I really need more ADULT games. I don't want my friends getting bored. Our Halloween party is this Saturday so I'm pressed for time.

Old 10-21-2008, 02:00 AM   #13
Traveling Welcome Wagon

The Fortune Telling Game here Adult Halloween Games sounds interesting.

Barbara
Old 10-21-2008, 02:12 AM   #14
Master Chef

We used to go in with another couple and have Halloween parties and I would make a big bowl of wine punch.......we'd have other selections, too, but that's what people would go for and we'd float an ice ring with fruit frozen in it to keep it cold.......what also was cute were a couple of those cleaned plastic spiders frozen it it........I would freeze it in my bundt pan so the ice ring looked nice
Old 10-21-2008, 02:15 AM   #15
Traveling Welcome Wagon

I just remembered a game we played at a Christmas party. It could be modified for Halloween. You would need a piece of plain paper, a pencil, and a book (or something else firm) for each person playing.

Each party guest held a book on top of his/her head, and there was a piece of paper on top of the book (the book was only to give us something hard to write on). Someone told us to draw certain things. For instance, on one side she had us draw a circle on the right side. Then we had to draw a smaller circle on top of the first circle, and then an even smaller circle on top of the 2nd one. Then she told us that we had just drawn snowmen. We had to add a carrot nose, coal eyes, etc. On the flip side of the paper we had to draw a Christmas tree. Then we had to draw balls on the tree (as many as we wanted). Then we drew a couple gifts under the tree and a candycane hanging from the tree. Then we drew a fireplace and mantle, then a fire in the fireplace. Of course we were not able to look at any of the pictures until we were completely done drawing. Then to score our papers she read the directions again, and you got points based on how well you did. For instance, you got a point for each ball on the Christmas tree, for the carrot being on the top ball of the snowman, the fire being in the fireplace, etc. There were also points for getting it on the correct side of the paper (Some thought they had drawn a certain part on the right but had really done it on the left.).

For Halloween, you could give directions for drawing a pumpkin and then drawing a face on it. They could draw a witch. There are all kinds of possibilities.

It was fun to see how close we were on some things and how funny other things turned out.

Barbara
Old 10-21-2008, 02:19 AM   #16
Master Chef

I think that the most fun adult game we ever played was having two lines of adults with a mixture of guys and gals lined up facing each other and someone would call time and you had to work a set of keys thru your clothes from the top of your shirt to the bottom of your shoes before passing them to the person on your right........it was a riot and not offensive.........whoever the last person was to get those keys thru their clothes made their teams the winner....don't tell people, though if you're going to play the game or they will wear burkhas
Old 10-21-2008, 02:24 AM   #17
Master Chef

I forgot to add that you started with people in the two lines on the left individually and then they handed the keys to the people in their lines immediately to their right and then it proceeded down the line.........
Old 10-21-2008, 07:32 AM   #18
Executive Chef

This is good for kids or adults, but more fun for adults who've been embibing alittle.....and has nothing to do with Halloween - just fun.
Get a dollar bill, fold it in half longways, then stand it up on the floor. Then an individual stands in front of it, and on one leg/foot, has to reach down, hands behind their back, and pick up the dollar bill with their teeth. We always called it teeter-totter!
Old 10-21-2008, 09:34 AM   #19
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dina View Post
Awsome kid games guys~thank you so much but I really need more ADULT games. I don't want my friends getting bored. Our Halloween party is this Saturday so I'm pressed for time.
Give them alcohol and leave them alone, they won't be bored.
Old 10-21-2008, 11:14 AM   #20
Executive Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Dina
LMHO Callisto!!! I thought so too but perhaps they could enjoy some games too. I'll stick with the alcohol for them!