Halloween party ideas needed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dina

Executive Chef
Does anyone have some FUN tried and true party games for adults and children? We're have a few friends over with their kids in a couple of week and would like to make it fun for all ages. We only have a costume contest in mind. We could really use suggestions on cool games we can play.

Another question is what liquor would be most popular for this ocassion? I definitely cannot afford the whole liquor store, so suggestions on adult drinks and liquor suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Thanks Quicksilver!
I'm going with the Witch's Brew~one virgin for the kids and one with vodka for the adults. I think I'm going to hang up the apples from a string (as opposed to putting them in water) so the kids won't get any viruses going around.

One party I attended we played a game with candy. The hostess had about 15-20 different candy bars that she cut off a sliver and put the sliver on a tray with each selection numbered. We had to identify the candy bar from the little sliver. She also had several small pumpkins and we were split into groups. Each group got a pumpkin and a slip of paper with a celebrity name on it. We then had to decorate our pumpkin with markers, glue etc. to make it look like the celebrity. If you had something with you say in your car that you could use that was acceptable. My group had Groucho Marx. The face was kind of easy but then we carved a small hole and rolled up a strip of brown paper bag for his cigar. After a set time period we had to try and guess who everyone had. The group with the most easily recognized portrait got a prize.

One party I attended we played a game with candy. The hostess had about 15-20 different candy bars that she cut off a sliver and put the sliver on a tray with each selection numbered. We had to identify the candy bar from the little sliver. She also had several small pumpkins and we were split into groups. Each group got a pumpkin and a slip of paper with a celebrity name on it. We then had to decorate our pumpkin with markers, glue etc. to make it look like the celebrity. If you had something with you say in your car that you could use that was acceptable. My group had Groucho Marx. The face was kind of easy but then we carved a small hole and rolled up a strip of brown paper bag for his cigar. After a set time period we had to try and guess who everyone had. The group with the most easily recognized portrait got a prize.
Cool ideas! I like these.

Mummy contest. Get cheep toilet paper and have the kids divided into teams. The first ones to completely wrap an adult into a mummy with the toilet paper wins.

There are a couple I need to email my sil to get the full details but it involves marshmallows and grapes. You put grapes in the marshmallows and have a contest to see who can pull out the most grapes while blind folded.

Always entertaining is the marshmallow stuff. You see how many marshmallows the adults and/or children can stuff in their mouths.

Candy corn race. Like an egg race but you fill a bucket with candy corn. First team to the top wins.

What's in the Box ~ get various items that could be something else (jello for brains) put them in a box and make the kids feel inside and guess what it is.

Okay ~ I'll get more later.

Ooooh, Halloween is my favorite holiday! There are so many good ideas here, Dina. Some suggestions I have are having a Polaroid camera or a digital camera with a printer nearby so that each child (and adult) can go home with pics.

We also like to sit in a darkish room (or outside) in a circle around a "cauldron" that has a block of dry ice in it for the fog effect and a flashlight. Then we take turns telling spooky stories holding the flashlight under our chin. We video this and my kids still love watching ones from years ago.

Depending on the ages of the kids, I usually have a supply of make-up, plastic vampire teeth and fake scars, fake blood and spray on hair colors, hats and various other costume accessories. Even though they will all come in costume, they love changing and altering throughout the evening.

If you have access to a karaoke machine, that's lots of fun. They have quite a few Haloween mixes for this, but letting the kids just use the microphone to see who can make the spookiest sounds, the scariest scream, the creepiest sound effects, etc, is lots of fun.

I know your party will be fantastic! Be sure and post some pics.

Does anyone have some FUN tried and true party games for adults and children? We're have a few friends over with their kids in a couple of week and would like to make it fun for all ages. We only have a costume contest in mind. We could really use suggestions on cool games we can play.

Another question is what liquor would be most popular for this ocassion? I definitely cannot afford the whole liquor store, so suggestions on adult drinks and liquor suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

My mom is planning on playing "Tequila Piggies." You roll these 3 pigs, and depending on how they land, you, or someone else takes a shot.

I'm sure this game will end fast.

Awsome kid games guys~thank you so much but I really need more ADULT games. I don't want my friends getting bored. Our Halloween party is this Saturday so I'm pressed for time.

We used to go in with another couple and have Halloween parties and I would make a big bowl of wine punch.......we'd have other selections, too, but that's what people would go for and we'd float an ice ring with fruit frozen in it to keep it cold.......what also was cute were a couple of those cleaned plastic spiders frozen it it........I would freeze it in my bundt pan so the ice ring looked nice

I just remembered a game we played at a Christmas party. It could be modified for Halloween. You would need a piece of plain paper, a pencil, and a book (or something else firm) for each person playing.

Each party guest held a book on top of his/her head, and there was a piece of paper on top of the book (the book was only to give us something hard to write on). Someone told us to draw certain things. For instance, on one side she had us draw a circle on the right side. Then we had to draw a smaller circle on top of the first circle, and then an even smaller circle on top of the 2nd one. Then she told us that we had just drawn snowmen. We had to add a carrot nose, coal eyes, etc. On the flip side of the paper we had to draw a Christmas tree. Then we had to draw balls on the tree (as many as we wanted). Then we drew a couple gifts under the tree and a candycane hanging from the tree. Then we drew a fireplace and mantle, then a fire in the fireplace. Of course we were not able to look at any of the pictures until we were completely done drawing. Then to score our papers she read the directions again, and you got points based on how well you did. For instance, you got a point for each ball on the Christmas tree, for the carrot being on the top ball of the snowman, the fire being in the fireplace, etc. There were also points for getting it on the correct side of the paper (Some thought they had drawn a certain part on the right but had really done it on the left.).

For Halloween, you could give directions for drawing a pumpkin and then drawing a face on it. They could draw a witch. There are all kinds of possibilities.

It was fun to see how close we were on some things and how funny other things turned out.

:)Barbara

I think that the most fun adult game we ever played was having two lines of adults with a mixture of guys and gals lined up facing each other and someone would call time and you had to work a set of keys thru your clothes from the top of your shirt to the bottom of your shoes before passing them to the person on your right........it was a riot and not offensive.........whoever the last person was to get those keys thru their clothes made their teams the winner....don't tell people, though if you're going to play the game or they will wear burkhas

I forgot to add that you started with people in the two lines on the left individually and then they handed the keys to the people in their lines immediately to their right and then it proceeded down the line.........

This is good for kids or adults, but more fun for adults who've been embibing alittle.....and has nothing to do with Halloween - just fun.
Get a dollar bill, fold it in half longways, then stand it up on the floor. Then an individual stands in front of it, and on one leg/foot, has to reach down, hands behind their back, and pick up the dollar bill with their teeth. We always called it teeter-totter!

LMHO Callisto!!! I thought so too but perhaps they could enjoy some games too. I'll stick with the alcohol for them!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom