Haloween in our part of the world

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rodentraiser

Head Chef
The city closes off about 5 to 6 blocks and the kids trick or treat at the businesses. There's also a hayride. These pics were taken from my 3rd floor window - I just missed a picture of the big green jumping alien:

Attachments

• Picture 001.jpg
    Picture 001.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 153
  • Picture 003.jpg
    Picture 003.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 139
  • Picture 005.jpg
    Picture 005.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 130
  • Picture 010.jpg
    Picture 010.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:
RR...what pretty scenery from your window! Are those maple trees? :ohmy: Thanks for sharing! :)

There ended up not being much going on door-to-door this evening, and I'm totally OK with that. :LOL: Lots of organized activities out at the fairgrounds, that's where most families take their young-uns these days.

Last edited:
RR, I'm up your way in Kirkland. Nobody rang my doorbell back home. A cat walked through my backyard. That's all.

CD

We have a place here in Eastie called Brandywynne Village. About 300-350 homes. Most of the parents bring their children there. It has security and the police are present also. So it is the safest place in town for the kiddies. No teenagers allowed. My kids went there, so did my grandkids and now my great-grandkids. And so the tradition continues.

Cheryl, I have no idea what those trees are. I thought they were oak trees, though.

Casey, my cat (a former feral cat who didn't like the indoors) used to go over to the neighbor's house, go in their cat door in the laundry room, beat up their cat, and eat their cat food. I never found out until right before the neighbors moved. I was so embarrassed. They thought it was funny. (?)

CG, it ended up OK. The guy actually didn't talk that much for a change and once I put on the earphones, I couldn't hear the music too much. And it stopped at 8.

Addie, that's cool. I heard some parents found meth in their kids' trick or treat bags this year. I don't know if that's true or not.

---------------------

It's hard to see by the pics, but there were masses of people out on the streets. Later as it got dark, they were walking in the streets because the sidewalks were too crowded. It wasn't cold as Halloween goes, so a lot more people were there than in previous years. I couldn't really get pictures of the other blocks without leaning out of my window too far, but there were tons of people as far as I could see both ways. And lots of noise from the crowd.

The city does the same thing in December for Christmas and has the same horse team there giving rides. They have a lot of events in this city. When Armed Services Day comes up, they close off the entire town for the parade and I just sit in my window and watch all the marching bands go by. Ditto for the St. Patrick's Day parade. The Beer Festival and the Blackberry Festival are held on the boardwalk a couple blocks away. They also hold the Art Festival along the sidewalks of the main street, but they don't close off the roads for that.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom