Hannah's Artwork

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barbara L

Traveling Welcome Wagon
Living almost 3,000 miles away from Nancy and our grandkids is very difficult at times. Last night Nancy and I had a chance to play several games of Literati on Yahoo. I love that because it allows us to play a fun game, talk to each other, and see each other on our webcams (I was on my desktop last night, so she couldn't see me). Nancy had to go run an errand between games, so Hannah (7 1/2) came on to talk with me. We like to have the Yahoo IMVironment Doodles up when we talk so that we can both draw (it still boggles my mind that we can draw together on the same picture even though we are on separate coasts). I had to take care of a few things around the house in the middle of our conversation, so Hannah drew a picture of a flower and butterfly for me while I was away from the computer. She asked how I liked it, and of course I loved it. Then she said (her exact words, misspelling and all), "now for the finishing tuch," and she drew roots on the flower! I would never have thought to add roots at that age. I thought it was definitely a good finishing touch! The picture is below.

:)Barbara

Attachments

• Hannah's Drawing 1-1-09-1.jpg
    Hannah's Drawing 1-1-09-1.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 164
Barbara - it's very good! I am impressed with the way she used two colors for the sun's rays. That shows a good artistic eye. And most children don't draw such a sophisticated horizon...hers slopes, just like a real horizon does. Very promising!

Hannah's picture is beautiful. Wasn't that nice of her to draw it for her grandma!! Times like that makes me think that computers are a great tool for connecting us with our loved ones that are many miles away. I use a photo website to share photos and moments in my life with relatives that live in Kansas. Without that I probably hardly ever would sent them photos hardcopy.

Hannah was so pleased when I told her the response her picture got. She and I both love bright, vibrant colors, so I emailed her your website Karen. I know she will love your work!

I promise I am not going to post a new picture every night (lol), but here are two more. The first is another flower and butterfly, but she added a bee. The second is one that we drew together (she in California, I in South Carolina). She drew most of it but asked me to do the eyes. It isn't easy drawing with a mouse! LOL

Attachments

• IMG_0.jpg
    IMG_0.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 159
  • IMG_0 2.jpg
    IMG_0 2.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 162
Aww, those are keepsakes!! She likes color, good for her!! Too many like the pastels instead and they're pictures fade away.

Thanks! I need to get after Nancy (my daughter) to send some more recent pictures, but here are some I took on my trip to California last March. The first is Hannah and their dog Roxy (Hannah was almost 7). The second is Hannah learning to ride a bike (my dad was teaching her). The next picture is Hannah's brother Andrew getting ready to go fishing. The 4th picture is Andrew on his 10th birthday (with his now stepdad Steve). The last picture is Nancy, taken November 2008 (age 29).

Attachments

• Hannah, almost 7, and Roxy, March 2008.jpg
    Hannah, almost 7, and Roxy, March 2008.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 155
  • Hannah, almost 7, learning to ride a bike--2, March 2008.jpg
    Hannah, almost 7, learning to ride a bike--2, March 2008.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 165
  • Andrew, ready to fish. March 2008, 10 years old.jpg
    Andrew, ready to fish. March 2008, 10 years old.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 164
  • Andrew's 10th birthday March 15, 2008.jpg
    Andrew's 10th birthday March 15, 2008.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 155
  • Nancy November 2008.jpg
    Nancy November 2008.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 53
I love all of the pictures Barbara, keep the artwork coming :) When she's famous she'll look back on the times when her Grandmam oogled over her pictures!

Thanks Saphellae! Now that the kids have started back to school, we probably won't have as much opportunity to draw together, but I will share the next time she sends something. :cool:

Wow Barbara... I think Hannah has some potential there! And I love the pics!!

Beautiful pictures Barbara, I need to introduce her to Cade..He made me a pic I have framed of a tropical fish..He did this when I was in the hospital and everyone who walked into the room commented on that picture.....
kades

That picture probably did more for you than any of the medicines or treatments you had at the hospital! I'd love to see it!

That picture probably did more for you than any of the medicines or treatments you had at the hospital! I'd love to see it!

I have no idea how to get it from the wall to the computer, but I'll have one of the girls take a picture and I'll send it to you...
kades

Do you have a scanner? That is how I put Hannah's artwork on. Even though she drew them on the computer, that program doesn't let me save it, so I had to print, then scan them.

Back
Top Bottom