Happy Anniversary pdswife!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oooh sorry I missed this thread yesterday... belated congratulations to you and Paul, I hope you two had a very special day filled with everything sweet!!:)

pdswife said:
No.. not yet. Is it really really good??

It is excellent. I don't like crabcakes but the ones there are superb! Everything I had, and everything everyone else had was really really good.:chef: Is it close to you?

vagriller said:
It is excellent. I don't like crabcakes but the ones there are superb! Everything I had, and everything everyone else had was really really good.:chef: Is it close to you?

It's about 25 minutes from us.
And now it's on the list of must tries. THANK YOU!!:):)

Thanks everyone. It was a good day. Paul came home really early which is something he never does.

We went to dinner at "THE DINNER HOUSE" in Black Diamond.
I know most of you don't live close to here but a warning to those of you who live in WA or might some day visit. NEVER EVER EVER go there. It was by far the worst dinner we've had in years. Started of with salad the lettuce was cut instead of torn and the pieces were so big we had to cut them up even more. The Italian dressing was just cheap Balsamic vinegar no oil, no spices. There were a few grated carrots on top and a very small slice of over ripe tomato on the side. Paul had a steak that was supposed to be "smothered" in a mustard sauce. Well, the steak was pretty big ( about a pound) which is a good thing because it was covered in big pieces of pepper, so much pepper that he had to cut the outside off all the meat. There was only about 1/5 tablespoons of the mustard sauce.
The meat was very tough. Frozen veggies way over cooked and penne pasta with a can of diced tomatoes were the sides. ICK. No flavor at all.

I had Veal Marsala.
Two very small pieces of veal. They were nice and tender though.
And a pile of over cooked angel hair pasta. I'm sure it was cooked the day before and the rewarmed 20 times. This was all covered with a thick lumpy brown gravy that hardly had any flavor at all. It really was just a pile of mush. Double ick, I ate the veal but could not force down the pasta.

The decor... paper napkins.
None of the dishes matched
Christmas lights with all the plugs conected in one place where every one could see them.
Wooden tables that all seemed to wiggle.
And the floor oh my goodness the floor was... three differnt kinds of redish carpet held together with duct tape! I have to give them credit because most of the tape was a lovely shade of red lol...only a few strips of it were the silver color.

The service was ok. But... the cook owner waitress ( all the same lady in our case) was overly friendly. She sat down at the table when she took our order and on time she came over ( one of many) to ask how the food was and her face was so close to mine I could almost see the cavities in her back teeth.

And the price for this most rememberable dinner. $60.00!!

We always tip the waitress, it's not her fault that the food sucks..
but since our waitress was also the owner and cook ( I won't call her a chef) that we heard bragging about how she cooked everything from scratch was our waitress NO TIP was left.

Paul and I always have fun together so the night was not ruined
but
don't ya just hate it when you leave a restaurant and you KNOW for sure you could cook a better dinner yourself..?

The one good thing about the food was that they used fresh mushrooms and there were a lot of them.

Oh, one more thing... no bread was offered either.

Well, heck!! I'm sorry your dinner was so bad. I missed this thread, so Happy Anniversary anyway!!
I wouldn't have left a tip either, except, maybe a tip on the napkin on how she could cook better. LOL
I hope the rest of your day was good though. Congratulations on 19 years!!!

Thanks TG. Only 9 years though. 19 is a long ways off.

The food was bad but... the love was good!
( If I haven't mentioned it before, I kind of like Paul! lol)

Sorry about your bad anniversary dinner. Try the Seastar for your 10th! Actually there are tons of great restaurants there. I went to a training class in Bellevue in 2004. Tejas was good too.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom