"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 03-12-2015, 08:52 PM   #11
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Old 03-12-2015, 09:06 PM   #12
Chef Extraordinaire

Cluck! Cluck! Cluck! It's Addie's Birthday! Cluck! Cluck! Happiest of Birthdays, dear Addie. You are so special! We love you!

All the girls (and boys)! Hope your day was super special and you laid a big egg...oops, maybe not!

Old 03-12-2015, 09:15 PM   #13
Senior Cook

Happy birthday, Addie!!
Old 03-12-2015, 09:34 PM   #14
Master Chef

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 09:39 PM   #15
Master Chef

Happy, happy birthday, Addie!
Here's to a wonderful coming year for you and many more.
Old 03-12-2015, 09:51 PM   #16
Chef Extraordinaire

Thank you to all. I ate too much at lunch. I had fried clams. Big ones with big bellies. YUM! Give the girls a special "peck" for me CWS. Let them know I think of them often and love their stories. Nope, no egg laying for me today. But if you were to walk behind me tonight, you would think there was a rotten egg somewhere.

Then we went off to the hairdressers. I got mine cut not as short as I usually do. My hair has been thinning and it really showed up in this haircut. It is a nutritional problem. A few meals loaded with green veggies will bring it under control. My daughter got her usual of touch up for her roots and a trim of all her split ends.

I got home in time to Skype with my grandson that I see too little of. All in all, it was a very nice day. I came home with half of my dinner. That restaurant gives very large plates of food. And considering how little I eat at a sitting, it is like one dish for three meals. The Pirate had cooked up some Cod fillets for himself. There are about four large pieces left and will make great sandwiches tomorrow. I will have to make up a mess of tartar sauce for it.

I did get some lovely greeting from so many DC friends. This thread will be one I will definitely keep. Thank you to everyone.
Old 03-13-2015, 12:40 AM   #17
Head Chef

Addie
I hope you had a great birthday
Sorry I was late.

Josie
Old 03-13-2015, 01:52 AM   #18
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Happy Birthday Addie. Sorry I'm late, but I got to read all of your adventures. Sounds like you had a good day after your blood sugar scare.
Old 03-13-2015, 03:05 AM   #19
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
Happy Birthday Addie. Sorry I'm late, but I got to read all of your adventures. Sounds like you had a good day after your blood sugar scare.
I did. I don't get to spend too much time with my daughter. She only lives only thirty seconds from me. But you would think it was miles. When she first went back to work it was for only 20 hours per week. Now she is working full time. She got notice that the State is offering her a full pension is she wants to take early retirement. She is so excited that I had to stop talking about it while she was driving. She works for the DMV in the Management Department. It's the department where all the political appointments work. We just got a new Governor and he is cleaning house. The new appointments that are coming in are all friends of my daughter. So she has been showing them the ropes. Lots of changes coming to the whole DMV.

I had a great day. I ordered the Fried Clam Dinner again. They had nice big fat bellies on them. The plate was filled way over my ability to eat all of it. So I brought most of it home to eat for a lunch or even breakfast.

I got my hair cut and made it home just in time to talk to my youngest grandchild with Skype. I have 17-18 grandkiddies. There are so many I have lost count. But this one is very special to me. He is my youngest child's son. And I got to hold him when he was just three days old. I fell in love with him right away. And it has remained that way ever since. I just don't get to see him as often as I would like.

Thank you to all who wish me a happy birthday today. I really have great kids. Last year on my 75th birthday, my kids threw me a bash to celebrate the event. This year my daughter took me out and paid the hairdresser to get my tresses cut. And while I was out with her, my two oldest boys cleaned my apartment for me. The only thing they didn't do was the laundry. But I am ever grateful for what they did do. It let me rest when I finally did get the chance to do so. Even Teddy was all over me with kisses and jumping up and down when I got home. He was so excited to see me. Spike said that he was quietly on my bed the whole time from when he arrived. He told me he knew I was home when Teddy jumped off the bed and ran to the door barking his fool head off. He started as soon as I stepped off the elevator. And nothing was going to stop him from barking as he stood at the door waiting for me to get to my door. I could hear him all the way from the elevator. Nothing like love from a pet to cheer you up.

Again a big THANK YOU to all of my DC friends. This forum is one of my favorite places to come to each day.
Old 03-13-2015, 01:38 PM   #20
Executive Chef

Best wishes for a happy birthday, Addie, and many more of them

Here's a big bunch of my favourite spring flowers