Happy Canada Day

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks Steve. When you hear singing tomorrow you can join right in.

I'm going to be missing our usual Canada Day party at a friends this year as we are off to the Provincial Softball finals for Kate's team. I'll have to see if I can find those temporary flag tattoos for them all to wear.

OK Aix, educate me. What is Canada Day and how is it celebrated?

I hope all of our Canadian friends have a wonderful Canada Day!

Canada Day (formerly Dominion Day) is July 1st. Its the day Canada became a nation and is celebrated much like your Independence Day. Fireworks, BBQs, picnics, gathering with friends. Everyone does red and white stuff, and for a couple of weeks before the day you can't turn around without seeing the Canada flag pasted all over everything from napkins to chairs to cakes...

You get the idea. Just take out the blue in your flag and look at your celebrations and tone it down a notch and you have our Canada Day celebrations.

Alix,

You forgot the bonfires, eh? (Love them "eh's" - In fact, I'm qualified to say Eh and y'all in the same sentence. LOL) Anyway, and "... tone them down a notch"??? I think not. I've been to more roudy and raucus Canada Day celebrations than 4th of July parties. Perhaps, it was the company I kept.

Bon Chance!
Ciao,

And PS - I told my boss where I'm freelancing I was wearing one of my Canadian hats tomorrow. I've got a nice one picked out with a maple leaf, the word CANADA written on it and two pins: A trillium and the (former) City of Trenton (now Quinte West), Ontario.

Our restaurant has a partial open kitchen. I'm pretty much the 'showcase.'

Ciao,

Happy Canada Day! July 1....what year did you become a nation Alix?

Nevermind hehe, It just dawned on me to google it...1879.

Last edited:
i thought it was a day for drinking good beer, smoking bad cigarettes, and sitting on your oil sands, grinning from ear to ear, just waiting for the u.s. to say canada rules, and we smell...:)

happy canada day. now please come get your geese.

Happy Canada Day, everyone!!!

img_285877_0_e6969f496b4c0d0de5bf32d36143a9a2.gif

I love this day so much, and this year it holds even more meaning for me because we get to be here (on Canadian soil) to celebrate, which is a first for Tony. (Amber & all, Canada became a country in July 1st, 1867 - which makes us 139 years old today :))

It's maple and a strawberry cake (Alix & fellow Canadians no doubt know the one I mean where you make the shape of a maple leaf on the top with slices of strawberries) on the menu today. I woke up with the tune "This land is your land" (the Canadian verison by The Travellers) in my head and I'm pleased as punch to have it there!

img_285877_1_e68e9d0434a1b6d39a127ff69d1b1c24.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom