Happy Chanuka

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Have never been able to get any resolution to the spelling of the holiday.

Since Charlie posted first will just use his spelling.

A joyous Chanuka to all.

Oh me, And I should have said, Charlie has had chef's training in Kiev and he is one heck of a nice guy! :) Just in case you haven't met him here.

Happy Hanukkah/Chanukkah my friends! May the light shine as brightly in your homes and hearts today, and during this season, as it did in the Temple so many years ago.

As a goyem who grew up in Brooklyn, yep, I will certify Charlie is Jewish.

His posts that request menu items always include whether the dinner is dairy or meat. Perhaps not overtly, but it is in there.

To answer his request, I sometimes have to have to Google to find out whether an item is, or is not, meat, dairy or falls into that category that is neither meat nor dairy, such as eggs, or perhaps is not even kosher.

No, Charlie is the McCoy, from the Jewish side of the McCoys.

And if he wants to call it Chanuka, i will sign on. If someone else wants to call the holiday Hanukah, it is fine with me.

Trying to represent a language such as Hebrew into English pronunciation and letters is tough.

If the Jewish people want to come to a concensus how the holiday should be spelled in English, I will be happy to do so.

Am sorry I am a bit peevish this evening, it has been a hard day.

But a happy Chamuka, or Hannukah, to all.

Despite my father being Jewish, I know very few people who are and none who are practising. We only celebrated Christian holidays here. I guess the biggest adherence we had to the Jewish faith was that my brother and I followed our mother's religion!

So a happy Chanuka to all from an Aussie diluted version!!

Chanuka/Hanukah. What is the diference. How can you type foreign words in other foreign lenguage. We had long discusion about this last year. And yes caviar sounds good.

Chanuka/Hanukah. What is the diference. How can you type foreign words in other foreign lenguage. We had long discusion about this last year. And yes caviar sounds good.

Exactly. The spelling has developed as Jewish people setled and had to adapt to other languages and pronouciations and indeed alphabets! Thats why there are so many variants. All serves to show the history an make it more interesting IMO.

LOL Charlie,,,:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
The comment "did you think I was Italian" made me laugh out loud, my kids think I'm crazy!! I can just hear a thick NOT Italian accent as you say that!

Happy Chaunuka to everyone (sorry I'm late) and I would also like to join the
"Charlie is Great" club that seems to have formed in this thread! ;)

You are way too nice, and I never finish the school. Not even close.​

Well however long it was is a lot longer than I've been to cooking school which is never. Fact is you can cook circles around me with one arm tied behind your back and teach me all at the same time. So there. Seems to me they taught you one thing if nothing else - how to take a lemon and make lemonade out of it. Cheers, Happy Chanukah.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom