Happy Chanuka

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You beat me to it, Charlie!

Happy Chanuka to you and all others who are celebrating this wonderful holiday!

Happy Chanukka to all of our Jewish friends here at DC. (Also, to those like me who just like the candles and the story so much, we celebrate Chanukka, too!)

The story of chanuka is an ultimate good story for anybody. Victory of good against bad. Victory of few against many. During the temple light of Menorah was illuminating the whole world. Chanuka is indeed the universal Holiday.

Amen Charlie, It's a story for all and for all to remember and celebrate with you no matter our religion or lack thereof. So, I accept your best wishes. Thank You, D

what a bunch of scottish apiarists were doing in israel at the time is beyond me, but it is a good story.

chappy chanukkah, everyone.
designall.dll

Last edited:
There's no "c" in Hanukkah, but thanks!

What about Scottish apiarists? what and who are they, anyhow? :ermm:

so is everyone having latkes and jelly donuts tonight?

I really don't care as long as I get my latkes and my jelly donuts! :LOL:

This year I'm frying the latkes in duck fat. It couldn't hurt.... :ermm:

Happy Chanuka to all and thanks to everyone for the well wishes.

I have been taught that there are numerous ways to correctly spell the name of the holiday. Some have a C and others do not. One is not more correct over the others.

What I would like to do if you would help. This Friday I am going to daughter's and would like to make some of the food that would be made in Jewish households during this time of celebrating. If someone would give me suggestions I would much appreciate it. Thanks

David, I do not know the correct spelling, but there is something called Suf Ganyote. they are like little jelly filled doughnut balls. My Israeli friends introduced them to me. They are very popular during Chanuka as they are fried in oil.

Oooooh, latkes in duck fat. Sounds so yummy. Do you put sour cream or preserves on them, too?
Terry, I actually like homemade applesauce best on them... Creme Fraiche is also good. :ohmy:

hmmmm just wondering about mango chutney. I have some on hand. :D

David, I know I don't have my Latke recipe in this computer. I'll try to remember to post it when I get home.

The other "biggie" is jelly donuts (Sufganiyot) but most people buy them at the donut shop. They're quite the mess to make. :blink:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom