"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 02-25-2009, 08:27 PM   #51
Certified Cake Maniac

Thanks, Alix! Very soon this whole bizarre thing with the flood will be over and we will be left with a beautiful home.

As for my pain level, the snow that is falling made it rise a little, but not enough to dampen (or freeze in this case) my spirits!

No plumber yet, but one step at a time!

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 08:38 PM   #52
Everymom

One foot ahead of the other. Keep on going. I"m glad things are getting better!

Old 02-25-2009, 09:43 PM   #53
Cook

I had a good day. The weather was so nice I wore a light jacket! I got a lot of work done today. And the site is getting more popular each day. Now I just need to get dinner and it will be a perfect day!
Old 02-26-2009, 10:23 AM   #54
Everymom

Hey Nils, isn't it nice when the weather isn't so bitter? I'm glad you had a good day.

Today is shaping up nicely for me so far. I had a GREAT sleep, got to sleep in a bit and then woke up to a body that felt wonderful, no aches, pulls, strains or anything. (Yoga last night) Coffee is brewing and it smells yummy. Kids have a day off so they are still sleeping and its all peaceful here. I get to see my niece and her new baby today as they have just flown in for a visit. I'M SO EXCITED!!!
Old 02-26-2009, 01:47 PM   #55
Executive Chef

I love good days and i love to hear when others are having good days also.
Old 02-27-2009, 12:07 PM   #56
Everymom

Day off today. Got up and had some coffee with my sweetie before he went to work. The temperature is climbing (only -10C right now!), there isn't a cloud to be seen in the blue blue sky and there is a cute little chickadee singing, "Here Sweetie" in my hawthorn tree. He brought some buddies too, there are a couple of rosy finches out there trying to shove the sparrow bullies off the feeder. The house is quiet and there is fresh coffee in my cup. Ah! Life is sweet.
Old 02-27-2009, 12:43 PM   #57
Executive Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Dina
I'm glad to hear of everyone's happy day. It makes me feel better after all I'm going through right now. Thanks for the happy thread Alix!
Old 02-27-2009, 01:54 PM   #58
Everymom

My pleasure Dina. And heres hoping you will have happy things to share soon. Hugs my dear friend, you are always in my prayers.
Old 02-27-2009, 02:16 PM   #59
Executive Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Dina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix View Post
My pleasure Dina. And heres hoping you will have happy things to share soon. Hugs my dear friend, you are always in my prayers.
Thank you Alix. It's mostly middle life issues that will soon be taken care of with hormones. It's the crappiest stuff to go through really. Hope you don't reach that point any time soon. Love ya my friend.
Old 02-27-2009, 02:25 PM   #60
Everymom

So far so good Dina! I figure my first hot flash will also be my last! I run hot all the time so I figure I may spontaneously combust if I ever have a hot flash!