Happy Day!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So far so good Dina! I figure my first hot flash will also be my last! I run hot all the time so I figure I may spontaneously combust if I ever have a hot flash!

I know what you mean, Alix. Buck always said he could use me to heat a room I was so warm all the time. Believe me, menopause was no picnic. I nearly DID spontaneously combust when the hot flashes came on. Luckily my fabulous doctor relieved me of my "parts" and put me on hormones. Life is good and now I'm almost completely off the hormones.

My "Happy Day" is that the insurance adjuster finally came out this morning to view the house damage from the wind storm that happened after the ice storm. Pray I get a good report for $$$ for repairs.

Other than the fact my DH is sick in bed with a cold, today has been a very happy day for me!

1. I saw the surgeon and while there is nothing he can do to make the pain I have right now go away any time soon, it WILL go away and I can resume a normal life in every respect without damaging the leg further. I can go back to my catering/cake business, I can drive, go to pool therapy, walk, etc. It will just be time but it will improve. I already have some of the mobility I lost over the last two months back!

2. While I will have to still use a cane for what might be quite awhile, DH took me to buy a real snazzy multicoloured ladies cane with butterflies all over it instead of the clunky black man's cane I have been using! It almost makes me want to go out walking just to show it off!

3. The flooring company called today and they will be coming out to finish the job on Friday...the day before my Dad moves in! We will have bathroom floors and all the carpet edges will be neatly finished!

4. My daughter is coming over on Friday night to help me do the final cleaning before my Dad moves in. It will be the first time we have been face to face since we had to ask them to leave in July. And it was HER idea!

5. My father is feeling much better just knowing he will be here on Saturday and will not be alone any more! That makes my day very happy.

So, the leg is on its way to improvement with no new setbacks, our house is on the verge of being finished, there is a possibility of an renewed relationship with DD and SIL (though trust will take awhile) and arrangements for my father are coming together.....This is a very happy day indeed!

My "Happy Day" is that the insurance adjuster finally came out this morning to view the house damage from the wind storm that happened after the ice storm. Pray I get a good report for $$$ for repairs.

My prayers are with you, Katie. I understand all too well about waiting on insurance adjusters.

I have been sleeping like a baby since Saturday night with my yoga exercises. The month of depression is over and I'm back on my feet again...darn perimenopause. I worked today, after 3 weeks of not being called to work, and the students gave me lots of hugs and love. They made me feel so useful and validated. I'm happy again and life is great!

I know what you mean, Alix. Buck always said he could use me to heat a room I was so warm all the time. Believe me, menopause was no picnic. I nearly DID spontaneously combust when the hot flashes came on. Luckily my fabulous doctor relieved me of my "parts" and put me on hormones. Life is good and now I'm almost completely off the hormones.

BTW Katie,Did you take the bioidentical hormones?

A happy day is coming home after being away 6 days, and the 9 year old cat we just inherited actually missed us. Long story short, she was an outside cat, real skranny, never got fed. She was so glad to see us home. Now she's happily sleepy on her blanky on the end of our bed. :)

Will you all follow me, I am on top of the world:innocent:, NOW WHAT:wacko:

Attachments

• Tibet-Mount Everest3.jpg
    Tibet-Mount Everest3.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 220
I just demonstrated the church website I have been building to the board member in charge and she loved it! I mean REALLY LOVED IT! There were no bad comments at all. We made decisions together on some things to change, but she said I captured exactly what they were looking for. This was quite a feat seeing as no one would let me know WHAT they were looking for! :wacko:

Wow, two happy days in a row! I am on a roll! :cool:

Can animals get our viruses? Yeesh! I've cleaned up more...stuff in the last two days than should be allowed! The weather outside is howling and cold and snowy but I'm in a great mood anyway. Our driveway has a drift so big we likely won't be able to drive down it without some serious shovelling and yet...I'm singing. No concrete reason to be happy, and plenty of reasons to be cranky and yet...Its a good day!

Alix, I totally understand what you mean and congratulations on having a good day despite the circumstances!

And in answer to your question, yes, animals get conditions much like our colds and flu, if it keeps up I would at the very least call the vet.

Back
Top Bottom