Happy First Day of SUMMER!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

quicksilver

Washing Up
For you folks up north, so much too look forward to.
Gardens, flowers and veggies, blooming, water warm enough to swim in, vacations. Oh, and fireflies, BBQs.​

What else does summer mean to you????​

(to me, it's an end in sight tothis dreaded time of year)​

summer means more traffic, more people in the stores, misquitoes, gnats. On the bright side, my summer flowers will bloom, and I will see butterflies .

For you folks up north, so much too look forward to.
Gardens, flowers and veggies, blooming, water warm enough to swim in, vacations. Oh, and fireflies, BBQs.​

What else does summer mean to you????​

(to me, it's an end in sight tothis dreaded time of year)​
lots and lots and lots of 4 wheelin and parties

Summer means very hot weather and high humidity, and running up the air conditioning bills.:(

Summer means at least one long round of kidney stones (hopefully the one I am just ending now is that big one).:(

Summer means fireflies.:cool:

This summer means James is finished with his CADD training and will start his new job in August!:cool:

Summer means (hopefully, if the drought decides to end) summer rainstorms now and then.:cool:

Summer means fresh zucchini, cherry tomatoes, and herbs from my little container garden.:cool:

Summer hopefully means a vacation (although probably short) to Myrtle Beach.:cool:

And if I win another sweepstakes soon, summer means a long vacation, lasting until right before James's job starts, driving to Iowa and California, and who knows where else.:cool:

(Picture a sunny yellow smilie here, as it will only let me do 8 of them!)Barbara

It's my favourite season. Smelling the honeysuckle all the time a breeze blows. The taste of a tomato just picked. Going down the shore every weekend.

Last night we had crabs with spaghetti. When the sauce was cooking, I had to call my parents to tell them how much I love that aroma and how much it always reminds me of summer.

It means just plain outside. Every possible minute!
I ushered in the first day of summer on Friday with a LOVELY sunburn..... I felt myself cookin' but it felt oh so good!!!
It also means my gardens, flowers and veggies.
It means setting up the kiddie pools and making everyone happy, if not but for a fleeting moment.
And call me crazy, but darn it I like to mow the lawn!!! (which is badly needed, wont be around here much tomorrow!)

It means just plain outside. Every possible minute!...
When I was younger I could stay out in the heat and it didn't bother me. Even on our vacations to Missouri when it was humid. Then I moved to South Carolina and found out what real humidity is. There is a saying here that in South Carolina you don't breathe the air, you drink it. When it is hot and humid I feel so drained of energy that I can't do anything. Plus, a couple of my medications say to avoid the heat. So, I don't go outside during the summer very much, except when necessary. I do like to go out at night. It feels better then. Spring and Fall are the best times here to spend outdoors.

:)Barbara

Summer means biking and kayaking and sailing (and maybe golf this year, since DH had his shoulder operated on last fall), and grilling, and fresh corn and tomatoes and peppers and basil, and afternoon thunderstorms, and blooming window boxes. That's all I can think of right now :)

4.gif

oh gosh...what does summer mean? It means freedom from the confines of my job. I just love the sunrise, sunset, longer days, more time with those I cherish. Life anew. I just love summer!!!!

When I was younger it meant no school, weekends at the lake, swimming, family, parties, and Sunday Mass at the Auriesville Shrine. Now it means my own garden, fresh veggies, and grilling.

The best part of living in the mountains is that it cools down at night in the summer. DH is from Texas, has been here four years now, and still comments when the temp during the day hits 30+ C (90's F) how lucky we are that by the time we hit the sack it'll be down to 15 C (60 F). The garden is starting to come up (although I just discovered today that something's been eating my lettuce), and we've already had a pot of tea using the mint we planted in pots on the front porch. Autumn's my favourite season but I'm learning to love summer.

:)Summer is not my favorite season it's hot but not as hot as the south and definitely not as humid. I hate hot weather but I love the monsoons if we finally get them but we have been in a drought for several years. Our rainy time is in the summer when it clouds up around 2:00 PM it rains for awhile and the clears up making everything fresh and cooler. I wish we had fire flies I remember them in northern Michigan when I was a kid in the summer. What a cool thing to see.

Back
Top Bottom