Happy Halloween Everyone!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alix

Everymom
Moderator Emeritus
I'm off to get dinner going, carve the pumpkin, roast the seeds and hand out lots of sugary treats to little ones.

Hope you all have a lovely evening with the little ghosties, goblins and the ferocious Static Cling monster!

Same here to everyone. We had a blissfully warm day today...73 degrees. Yeah! Buck and I have parked ourselves on our nice big front porch with our cauldron of candy.

Trick-or-treating time, by order of the Mayor, is from 5 to 8 p.m., so we'll see how many ghoulish beggars we get. We've had as many as 100 in the past. With such nice weather, I won't be surprised if turnout is great.

It was aboslutely super weather up here by Lake Erie today, too. I worked outside around the house all day, with one quick trip into Wally World for some Halloween candy. Miniature Almond Joy candy. My favorite...... I never get any trick or treaters ;) It's a good excuse though :LOL:

Happy Halloween everyone...Can't wait to see my favorite goblins tonight...
kadesma:)

Happy Halloween everyone!!
I had to buy Hershey's regular chocolate, Reeses peanut butter cups and Dove. That is what DH can eat LOL
img_502580_0_40a0b5f5ce02d99361bb7ec92af736dd.gif

Been havin' a ball. Lots of children. Probably close to 35 by now. The costumes have been great. So far there have been no duplicates and no "cheesy" ones.

We've also been impressed with the number of parents who have accompanied their children.

Still another hour to go. What fun!!

We weren't going to give candy this year (our dogs and open doors don't mix) but I ended up getting a bag. I put it in a bowl and left it out on the porch.

Hope everyone's having fun over there, we don't do Halloween in Australia.
Just a quick question...how in the world do u know how much candy to get? LOL

I've got my carved & candlelit pumpkin out on the deck & candy (of course, what WE like to eat - lol) in the pantry, but in the 10 years we've been here, we've only gotten one sad little trick-or-treater (& that was in Year One).

Not only is our immediate neighborhood kid-free, but we live on a 21-acre farm at the end of a long lonely dirt/gravel road. Folks have trouble finding us during daylight hours never mind at night.

I've got a homemade pizza (with turkey pepperoni, sliced baby portabella mushrooms, onions, & anchovies) in the oven, & we snacked on heavily seasoned pumpkin seeds I toasted earlier. And our jack-o-lantern & other decorations are something that we enjoy ourselves, so all's right with the world. Not to mention the wonderful old classic horror movie marathod Turner Classic Movies is showing on satellite tv. Just perfect - I'm in my element. :)

After living in an apartment with no kids for 13 years - this is fun!

they knock on the door: knock-knock
(I say in a very loud voice behind the door) Hey, Ma - get the big roasting pan - sounds like we've got two gobblins to cook!
(swing door open quickly)

LOL - humm ... get's greatest reactions from kids under 10 .... but the early teens were giving me 2nd looks, too .... :LOL:

Okay - the 12 hispanic kids that just hit me looked at me like I was nuts ... 6 years of Spanish and I never learned the word for candy .....

What costume ... I'm just wearing gray sweatpants and a gray UT t-shirt!

Last edited:
Hope everyone's having fun over there, we don't do Halloween in Australia.
Just a quick question...how in the world do u know how much candy to get? LOL

Purchase what you want and when it's all gone, turn off the porch light ;)

We usually have a lot of kids every year, but this year there have only been maybe 20. I still had half a bowl full of candy left. I saw lots of kids with pillow cases this year, a throw back to when I was a kid and used the same for collecting treats :LOL:

We had fewer kids this year than in years past, maybe about 35 as opposed to 50.

As usual, the kids are more intrigued with our pumpkins than they are with the candy (even though 3 other neighbors join us, so we present each kid with four bowls to take from).

The pumpkin-carving kits are great fun and make everyone look like a pro!

Lee

By [URL=http://profile

Carving Kits or not...That is some fancy work! I tried one of those one time & I totally demolished the pumpkin!!

Awesome Miss Lee! Awesome!!

I don't know how many trick or treaters we get here as I'm always out with Bily who was the black spiderman (venom) this year. Great weather for it tonight too. We had a high of 67 degrees today.

We shut the lights off and went to annual Zoo Boo. It's geared toward younger kids so Fish had a great time. All the zoo animals look very spooky in the dark. He was thrilled to be a ninja since he's been Spiderman - red and black - for about 3 years straight. Seriously, he manages to slip those costumes on at least once a day!! We got home and he's currently watching Spiderman 3, which came out on DVD yesterday, and he told me it was the "most awesomest" Halloween he's ever had (in all of his 5 years). That makes the whole thing worthwhile. Hope all of ya'll had the best ever, too!

Purchase what you want and when it's all gone, turn off the porch light ;)

We usually have a lot of kids every year, but this year there have only been maybe 20. I still had half a bowl full of candy left. I saw lots of kids with pillow cases this year, a throw back to when I was a kid and used the same for collecting treats :LOL:

so basically go the shop buy all the stuff u have wanted all year round and turn the porch light off ;) JOKES sounds like a good plan though.

pillow cases of candy....man *imagines kids bouncing off the wall"

We had fewer kids this year than in years past, maybe about 35 as opposed to 50.

As usual, the kids are more intrigued with our pumpkins than they are with the candy (even though 3 other neighbors join us, so we present each kid with four bowls to take from).

The pumpkin-carving kits are great fun and make everyone look like a pro!

Lee

By

and i bet they all tell their friends, that candy heaven is at ur house?..altho kids more interested in pumpkins than candy....what the???? :LOL: was the pumpkin made from candy jokes

Back
Top Bottom