Happy News! My alter ego to Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rparrny

Senior Cook
Since I spent enough space venting I thought I would spend some space with some happy news...and I have lots!
1. Got my new surgery date of Aug 8th. Not even one of Lou's days in the OR but he wanted me to be the only case that day as it's a long surgery and needed special permission to get another day.
2. No need to redo my presurgical testing
3. Since my heart was in perfect shape the cardiologist will sign off on another cardiac clearance with no repeat testing.
4. The blueberry farm was open yesterday and Debbie, the head farmer brought the berries right out to the car so no walking needed.
5. I always get my grandson from Friday to Saturday night (since birth) but since I'm home my daughter and son-in-law wanted a date and asked if I could watch Zach on Thursday afternoon! He is the best medicine I could ever receive.
6. After several days of rain, the sun is out, it's not humid and my hips are tolerable. Time for coffee on the deck!

Pace yourself, Rparrny, or you might have to vent about wearing yourself out celebrating so much happy news! :LOL: Seriously, though, that is great news about the hip surgery. Do I remember correctly that you said you are having both hips done at the same time? :ermm: My bionic friend just had her second hip replaced earlier this year, her fourth joint overall. She now has two good hips and two good knees, and there is no way she or her doctor would have attempted dual surgery on any one of those areas. Good luck with your surgery.

BTW, if you're gonna make a habit of having good news, we have two regular threads where we all share the happy stuff: Last thing that made you smile, and The Thankfulness Club. Many of us has subscribed to those threads because reading good news is always very welcome! If catching up on other threads gets you down, there are many posts there that will cheer you right up again.

Pace yourself, Rparrny, or you might have to vent about wearing yourself out celebrating so much happy news! :LOL: Seriously, though, that is great news about the hip surgery. Do I remember correctly that you said you are having both hips done at the same time? :ermm: My bionic friend just had her second hip replaced earlier this year, her fourth joint overall. She now has two good hips and two good knees, and there is no way she or her doctor would have attempted dual surgery on any one of those areas. Good luck with your surgery.

BTW, if you're gonna make a habit of having good news, we have two regular threads where we all share the happy stuff: Last thing that made you smile, and The Thankfulness Club. Many of us has subscribed to those threads because reading good news is always very welcome! If catching up on other threads gets you down, there are many posts there that will cheer you right up again.

Thank you for the well wishes! My hips are the result of a congential defect and are as severe as they get...docs, radiologists and surgeons look at me in shock when they see the films...and that was back in May and they are so much worse now. I have a very unusually high tolerance for pain and because the surgeon knows the amount of pain I'm in based on the imaging, he says that post operative pain will be a fraction of what I live with everyday. He's also a long time friend and knows the family's weird genetic history about warp speed healing from surgery. He thought I was nuts when I had an abdominal hysterectomy on Friday and went back to work on Monday, but I did just fine. He did my Mom's hips as well, she went home on the second post op day, was walking up and down stairs at home on day 3 and ditched the cane on day 4. My brother is a cop in Arizona...last year his police SUV flipped over several times and he severely broke his neck. He was discharged home from the ICU the next day...that never happens...lol, I was talking to his nurse and said "I'll bet you guys don't even know how to discharge a patient", he said "Nope, we've never done it before". He was back at a desk job with a halo 4 weeks later (he wanted to go back the next week but they wouldn't let him) His neurosurgeon gave him a 50/50 chance of needing surgery but because of his good health, he would give it 6 months. Six months later, the neck is perfect...no pain, no arthritic changes...nothing.
I did a little herbal intervention but like I said, we heal at warp speed...it's got to be genetic. So between my genetics and my tolerance for pain...I should ace it. It will be a long surgery, but I'm his only case that day and I won't be intubated, so I'm not so concerned about the time length.
Just want it over already...

Last edited:

Thank you for posting links to these threads, CG..

I DO like good news.. :)

Ross

Yay for you!

I forgot to tell everyone - Mom got good news from her MRI, no fluid or anything in the brain or in the inner ears. They say her hearing loss is nerve-damage related to old age. She has her hearing aids now, and the TV is so much softer!

Yay for you!

I forgot to tell everyone - Mom got good news from her MRI, no fluid or anything in the brain or in the inner ears. They say her hearing loss is nerve-damage related to old age. She has her hearing aids now, and the TV is so much softer!
congrads on the happy news!

Since I spent enough space venting I thought I would spend some space with some happy news...and I have lots!
1. Got my new surgery date of Aug 8th. Not even one of Lou's days in the OR but he wanted me to be the only case that day as it's a long surgery and needed special permission to get another day.
2. No need to redo my presurgical testing
3. Since my heart was in perfect shape the cardiologist will sign off on another cardiac clearance with no repeat testing.
4. The blueberry farm was open yesterday and Debbie, the head farmer brought the berries right out to the car so no walking needed.
5. I always get my grandson from Friday to Saturday night (since birth) but since I'm home my daughter and son-in-law wanted a date and asked if I could watch Zach on Thursday afternoon! He is the best medicine I could ever receive.
6. After several days of rain, the sun is out, it's not humid and my hips are tolerable. Time for coffee on the deck!
Nice to hear. All the bestfor your op.

Thank you!

Finally got my approval for medical marijuana to help with the pain before surgery. I was planning on toughing it out but the NSAIDs didn't work anymore and when they cancelled my surgery for a future unknown date, it just became too much and I applied.
I refuse to use opiods...it's personal for me. A few years ago, a Vicodin addict walked into a mom and pop pharmacy and shot the pharmacist and three customers dead. One of those customers was the husband of a cardiac surgery patient we had discharged the night before...he was there filling her scripts that she received on discharge. Shortly thereafter a good friend that had been taking pain meds for very legitimate neck and back pain died from an overdose at 50 years old.
After seeing so many of my chronic pain patients on CBD oil with and without THC get off of all opioids and get so much better pain relief, I started doing some research.
Since I haven't been on any opioids, my doctor opted for a fairly low dose of THC and another script for pure CBD oil to take as a daily supplement.
Took the first dose last night of the 1:1 mixture. As she promised, it didn't get me high but I was exhausted...probably my body reacting to the lack of pain...and I had a weird buzzing in my ears. It lasted about 3 hours and I chose not to take another dose before bed...I slept pretty well, about 5 hours and woke up in maybe 30% less pain than usual.
Haven't taken a dose yet but I'm starting to get uncomfortable so I will soon.
I highly recommend anyone in chronic pain on (or not on) opioids to do some research...if it's legal in your state, it's worth it even though not covered by insurance. Most people that were there yesterday, applied for financial need and didn't pay a penny. I wasn't one of them though...

Back
Top Bottom