Happy Tail Ale

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I know from my personal experience that any studies by a University, whether funded by pharmaceutical companies or whatever... have to be impartial RESEARCH.... :cool:

Actually alcoholic beverages are the drink that most of our ancestors were raised on, yes, even children.

It is only in the last couple of hundred years or so that water has been considered safe to drink.

In medieval Europe, and Britain, the rivers and creeks were generaly polluted by human and animal waste, and the only safe drink contained alcohol.

Before that, beer, certainly at least in Britain, was the drink that most adults and children consumed.

Today one has a choice of many beverages, many of which contain no alcohol.

No one is constrained to drink such a beverage for health's sake.

But there are those of us who find a glass of a good wine delightful, or a wee dram of whisky sheer joy, or a fine ale absolute ambrosia.

And for that I offer no excuse.

Nor do we need justification for our preferences.

To each his/her own, and for those who shun the grape, God bless them.

Jings, AuntDot - you are a kinder person than I :) :) I find it very hard to take being admonished about drink from someone who has such intransigent views. :( :( :(

I had no idea my family doctor and cardiologist were "on the take" from alcoholic beverage companies when they told me to drink red wine every day. Darn, who can you trust these days!?

Back
Top Bottom