Happy Tail Ale

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mish

Washing Up
SHARE A BEER

WITH YOUR BEST FRIEND!

KodiSlurping.jpg

Your dog will love our Happy Tail Ale, cold from the fridge and in a flavor he loves!

What next?!:LOL:

Last edited:
Dogs should not drink, neither should people. I don't drink and my dog doesn't either.

LOL that is pretty funny Mish :)

liketobake, I agree dogs should not drink (and I am sure this picture is just a joke), but why do you think people should not drink? It has been shown time and time again that in the proper amounts alcohol is a good thing for people.

i agree, dogs shouldn't drink!
when they drink, they bark a lot, are often caught urinating in public, and beome quite uninhibited with strangers, if ya know what i mean...

oh, wait, ... nevermind.

liketobake said:
Dogs should not drink, neither should people. I don't drink and my dog doesn't either.

LTB, did you click on the link - or watch the commercial?

"Non-alcoholic and non-carbonated, our Happy Tail Ale is the ultimate liquid refreshment for your best friend. Our brew is made with choice malted barley and filtered water, featuring all-natural beef flavorings. Plus, it's fortified with Glucosamine and Vitamin E!

Sure, there are lots of ways you show your dog you love him: Taking him for a walk, giving him a belly rub, tossing him a few treats...but how about a beer? Of course, you can't give him the same beer you grab from the fridge when YOU want a treat! Alcohol, hops and carbonation are bad for dogs. But what about giving him a drink that not only tastes good, but is healthy as well? "

Same here, GB. :LOL:

It is clear... Dogs should not drink and drive.

They lack self control. They go too fast. They are too easily distracted, and they make too many fire plug stops.

That's it, no more beer for dogs in my house... so there.

And I'm sorry LTB - but just cos you don't like to drink... I find your comments a little judgemental. Still, that's the prerogative of the young...:chef:

lol hopz.

i guess the drinking age for dogs would be 3 years old.

and what would they have for a hangover?

Years ago I had a Golden Retriever. Not knowing any better, I poured a little leftover beer (what's that?) into his water dish. He took a few laps and ran like heck. The carbonation released by his lapping scared the dickens out of him.

GB said:
LOL that is pretty funny Mish :)

liketobake, I agree dogs should not drink (and I am sure this picture is just a joke), but why do you think people should not drink? It has been shown time and time again that in the proper amounts alcohol is a good thing for people.

Alcohol kills brain cells. Yes in some studies it has been shown to in very small amount decrease the risk of cancer.
Alcohol causes distructive behaviour. Drinking and driving. This doesn't just mean cars and other automobiles, what about trains and planes. There have been accidents from drunk drivers of these as well, and they killed many more people then just themselves.
Fetal alcohol syndrome. A large percentage of these babies grow up to be criminals. Women who don't know they are pregnant drink, and harm their baby without even knowing it until it it too late. It's sad to see this.

I don't hate alcohol or think it should be banned. I simply think it is not the best thing for you so why consume it. Also on a very superficial note, is has so many calories which means countless hours at the gym to burn it off. Why bother?

liketobake said:
Alcohol kills brain cells. Yes in some studies it has been shown to in very small amount decrease the risk of cancer.
Alcohol causes distructive behaviour. Drinking and driving. This doesn't just mean cars and other automobiles, what about trains and planes. There have been accidents from drunk drivers of these as well, and they killed many more people then just themselves.
Fetal alcohol syndrome. A large percentage of these babies grow up to be criminals. Women who don't know they are pregnant drink, and harm their baby without even knowing it until it it too late. It's sad to see this.

I don't hate alcohol or think it should be banned. I simply think it is not the best thing for you so why consume it. Also on a very superficial note, is has so many calories which means countless hours at the gym to burn it off. Why bother?
All of the negatives you mentioned (with the exception of killing brain cells, but everything kills those) are only caused by excessive alcohol consumption. None of those things occur if you drink in the right amounts.

The benefits from alcohol are much much more than just "a very small decrease in cancer". Moderate consumption can reduce in risk of coronary artery disease, is good for the circulatory system, probably protects against type 2 diabetes and gallstones.

Here is a quote from this Harvard site.
More than 100 prospective studies show an inverse association between moderate drinking and risk of heart attack, ischemic (clot-caused) stroke, peripheral vascular disease, sudden cardiac death, and death from all cardiovascular causes.(4) The effect is fairly consistent, corresponding to a 25-40% reduction in risk. Results of some of the largest of these are summarized in Table 1.
The connection between moderate drinking and lower risk of cardiovascular disease has been observed in men and women. It applies to people who do not apparently have heart disease. It also applies to those at high risk for having a heart attack or stroke or dying of cardiovascular disease - people with type 2 diabetes (5) and those with high blood pressure, angina (chest pain), a prior heart attack, or other forms of cardiovascular disease.(5-8)

Another quote from the same site.
The benefits of moderate drinking aren't limited to the heart. In both the Nurses' Health Study and the Health Professionals Follow-up Study, gallstones and type 2 diabetes were less likely to occur in moderate drinkers than in nondrinkers. (11-13)

The social and psychological benefits of alcohol can't be ignored. A drink before a meal can improve digestion or offer a soothing respite at the end of a stressful day; the occasional drink with friends can be a social tonic. These physical and psychic effects may contribute to health and wellbeing.

I agree that when over consumed all of those benefits go out the window and all the things you mentioned and more then become possible, but to say that alcohol is bad for humans just is not really true.

Well the studies I quoted from came from Harvard University, but hundreds of other reputable scientists and doctors have came to the same conclusions.

liketobake said:
Alcohol kills brain cells.

yes, but only the weak ones. :cool:

j/k, as far as the sociologic effects of alcohol consumption, well, that's a debate with endless avenues.

really, it is a substance that's not for everyone. some people are "directions: instant a$$hole, just add alcohol".

but for others, it is everything from a stress reducing agent, to a vehicle for creative release. half of the world's best literarure and music might not exist if not for booze, i dare say.

so, dogs of the world, drink up! and get to writing down all of that embarassing stuff you've witnessed your human do over the years...

so, dogs of the world, drink up! and get to writing down all of that embarassing stuff you've witnessed your human do over the years...

Hehe Buckytom your funny:)

:lucky:

liketobake said:

Why bother getting in a car? It's basically a bomb on wheels. Why bother getting in a plane? It's basically a flying combustible bird. Why breathe any air? It's all polluted anyway. Why bother living? We all die in the end.

What does all of this have in common with drinking alcohol?

Context. Figure it out.

GB said:
Well the studies I quoted from came from Harvard University, but hundreds of other reputable scientists and doctors have came to the same conclusions.

The people you mentioned are those that conduct the study. The people who fund it, are not the doctors or scientists. Yes a small percecntage of those studies will be funded by say the cancer foundation. However a vast majority of them will be funded by companies who have an invested interest in the results of those studies. It is the same with the pharmaceutical companies.

The studies at Harvard University are not funded by the cancer foundation. I am not really sure where you are getting your information from. Are you just making assumptions or do you have anything to back up these claims?

Back
Top Bottom