Happy To Be Here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chef Munky

Honey Badger
If you guys aren't a sight for sore eyes.. I missed this place.!! Need new recipes asap.. :) Low cholesterol they say..

It's been an extremely trying month for me. I'm thankful to even be here this morning reading recipes while trying decaf coffee. Rather have the real jolt of that caffeine rush in the morning. Learning to compromise..

I had to have a complete Hysto on the 19th of this month.. Things didn't go exactly as planned but I was at least home recuperating as best as could be.. Monday morning I had a heart attack. Coded 2-3 in the ambulance. They took me to the best hospital known for their cardiac unit. It was unusual for them to see a 43 year old woman, no cardiac history, no weight issues healthy considering the past few weeks come in like that. I had 2 blocked arteries, they were too small for splints, had to have a balloons instead.. Just got home yesterday afternoon.. I'm where I want and need to be HOME! My husband and boys are really smothering me.. Don't mind that too much. Just ecstatic to be with them. But at times very apprehensive about being on my own again without the monitors and hubby going back to work tomorrow..

But anyways you guys are a sight for sore eyes glad to be here..
I have to relearn yet again how to cook low cholesterol while I work my way past hell week and beyond for a while.. Lost a lot of weight this month. I'm 78 pounds.. Need to fatten up fast! :) Hope someone here has recipes for me to adapt to. Look forward to trying them..

All the best.
Munky.

Omigosh, Munky! I'm so glad to hear you are HERE with us. Hope all the icky stuff is behind you now and you recover and fatten up to your satisfaction.

Just rest and sit back and let us take care of you. Welcome back!!

That's really scary stuff! I understand how you feel right now. I had a heart attack in 2003 and the early days following my return home were the scariest.

Low cholesterol and low fat cooking are really not difficult. You'll get the hang of it easily.

Hang in there and be confident. You'll be feeling better and doing better in no time.

Holy CRAP Munky! I'd just seen your post and thought, "Hey! Where's she been the last while?" OMG, what a scary story. I'm glad you are home and on the mend.

78lbs! Good lord woman you need some MEAT! Fattening you up low fat style is a challenge I think DCers can rise to.

Low fat is really very simple. You don't need to eliminate ALL fat, just replace it with better fats and less of them.

Welcome back and thank goodness you are OK!

Welcome back. So sorry this happened. Take the rest of your long life to enjoy your husband and children. Thay are our greatest treasure. I Wish you the very best that life has to offer.Come often and keep us updated. If we can help in any way please ask.
kades:)

You guys really are just too good to me, thank you.
I'm so thankful to even be here at all. Didn't think I'd see my family, home, dogs, or DC again. You know all the important things :)

Doing much better. Getting plenty of rest.Sleeping quite a bit. Learning when to stop and take a break instead of being constantly on the go. Not taking time for myself, doing for everyone else. Life has changed for me. Learned that lesson the hard way.

My husband and boys are constantly reminding me to keep my Nitro on me at all times. The boys for mother's day signed up for CPR classes. Sweet of them to do that. They are still smothering me. I'm ok with that :)

Happy Mother's Day...

Munky.

Happy Mothers Day. Glad you're doing well.Enjoy this special day to the fullest.
kades:)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom