Happy V E day

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Charlie, thanks for bringing up just one more day we can say thanks to vets. Regardless of history "what ifs" and what events deserve holidays and which don't, we all need to thank our veterans any day we see them. If not for them we could be speaking German, or Japanese. If we aren't vigilant we might need to be learning Arabic. But we ARE free, our current warriors will do all they can to make sure we are kept free, and we need to respect those who serve our country and those who have served in the past.

I bet I never thanked my Dad enough for his service. He was a medic in the European theater. Always a step behind the big battles but never out of harm's way since he followed right behind to patch up. Had some great stories, never told us about the evils. We knew there were evils, though. Poor Mom had to give up wearing brush rollers to bed because every time she cuddled up to Dad he woke up thinking someone had a bayonet in his back.

Oh, and Dad's dog tags were wrong. He had the most beautiful Paul Newman eyes...and the Army tagged his eyes "brown". :rolleyes: At least we won the war!

now wait. some people in arabic, malaysian, and african countries don't have imperialistic views.

they just prefer us dead. ;)

So true CG. When I was flying back from Atlanta, I was in the smoking room. There was a soldier in his fatigues with his huge duffle bag. They announced a plane and he got up to leave. I asked him as he walked by if he was coming or going. Going he said. I told him Good Luck, Stay Safe and Thank you. All of a sudden everybody in that room stood up and started to applaud. I know he felt all the appreciation and love that was going with him. :angel:

There is a campaign to make people aware of a hand sign they can use to thank military personnel even in passing. I've had the fortune of being able to extend my thanks to a person in uniform on a few occasions and I must say they all knew this hand sign and smiled and nodded towards me. I hope it gave them the same kind of warm and fuzzy feeling I got. If you want to know more you can find info at gratitudecampaign.org.

There is a campaign to make people aware of a hand sign they can use to thank military personnel even in passing. I've had the fortune of being able to extend my thanks to a person in uniform on a few occasions and I must say they all knew this hand sign and smiled and nodded towards me. I hope it gave them the same kind of warm and fuzzy feeling I got. If you want to know more you can find info at gratitudecampaign.org

Thank you CG. It is certainly easy to remember and do. :angel:

Cooking Goddess said:
There is a campaign to make people aware of a hand sign they can use to thank military personnel even in passing. I've had the fortune of being able to extend my thanks to a person in uniform on a few occasions and I must say they all knew this hand sign and smiled and nodded towards me. I hope it gave them the same kind of warm and fuzzy feeling I got. If you want to know more you can find info at gratitudecampaign.org.

Thanks CG,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSfFYxSdKdo&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom