Hapy halloween + day of the dead!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lugaru

Sous Chef
Well I wasent able to put together a decent celebration for this evening but I got a nice bottle of ommegang Abbey Ale and it had a halloween appropriate wonderful bloodyness to it. A lovely and mineraly red ale with tons of fruit highlights.

Other than that I've been watching a whole bunch of asian horror movies that I got from Amazon and giving out snickers and 3 musketeers to the kids that show up. How's your halloween so far?

On day of the dead (nov 2nd) I was joking with my sister that I cant celebrate it without getting in trouble. I mean giving people sugar skulls with their names on it? Writting poems about how people are likely to die? I would be branded a terrorist in a second!

Also I dont know how cool people are about me having a loud drunken picknick in a graveyard. But it's a great holiday regardless, that's for sure.

Lugaru said:
Also I dont know how cool people are about me having a loud drunken picknick in a graveyard.

I don't think anyone would complain. :ROFLMAO:

Being in Boston, someone MIGHT wonder what you are doing:LOL: Not a lot of people know what day of the dead is. they may think your doing something sacreligious or your out of your mind :ROFLMAO:
Oh well, what ever you do, have fun!
I don't know if my nieces and nephews in law or my brother in law and sister celebrate it. My nil's family is pretty traditional, so they may. I guess I'll just have to ask.

For anyone that doesn't know what it is, this is the best site that I have found to explain it.
http://www.mexconnect.com/mex_/muertos.html

We had about 100 kids come to the house last night!! I loved it!! This is the first year that I've really gotten to give out candy. No one ever came to our other 2 houses. Here's me & the kids in our costumes. I think my camera is dying because no matter what we did, the pictures came out blurry.

Attachments

• DS2_0937.JPG
    DS2_0937.JPG
    94.6 KB · Views: 219
  • DS2_0936_edited.JPG
    DS2_0936_edited.JPG
    78.7 KB · Views: 220
  • DS2_0940_edited.JPG
    DS2_0940_edited.JPG
    24.6 KB · Views: 237
crewsk said:
As you can see from the guy hanging to my left in the picture (the one with the hair) hubby called me that 1 too many times!:ROFLMAO:

I would like to do that to mine sometimes too:LOL:

The three of you are adorable...I love seeing mom's do things for and with their kids...Those two kids are sure beautiful crewsk..Now the guy with the hair:wacko:

kadesma

Back
Top Bottom