Harry Potter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The books are a series, supposed to coincide with the 'real' secondary school years of UK children. The last of the books will be book7. (Or so she says!)

corazon90, thanks for the recommendations, I've filed them away on my "to read" list.

Now I've been waiting to see any sort of feedback from people who already have their hands on the new book. I'm wait listed at the library. Anyone who has read anything from the new book,

WITHOUT ANY SPOILERS, what do you think overall of what you have read? PLEASE don't put any sort of plot or detailed story info, just a reaction of if it met your expectations or not.

Thanks!

I read a little bit each night before bed. I've read up to page 129. I give it a
img_143290_0_793f94a7c5feee5ce8a02db567b020e0.gif

A lady I work with is an obsessed HP fan and is presenting a paper at a HP conference in the UK next week. (The only Aussie!) The whole conference is full of HP trivia and trips and talks.

I got it on Saturday. Almost done now. Don't have it near me to check but I'm somewhere around page 550 i think.

I'm around 300 pages, haven't read anything today though. Just got home from work as my husband goes our to a class so it will be a couple hours before I get the kiddo to bed and have the peace I have longed for all day. Loving the book though, how could I not?!

I hear they all DIED in the end!!!! *evil laughing!*

I didnt read any of the books. I saw part of the last movie and practically fell asleep. Hey, Im a geek..... I like Star Wars, Star Trek and Doctor Who. But I just cant get into the hogwart thing.

htc, we got the book at the midnight release on Friday and by Sunday afternoon I had finished it. Also got the audiotape set for Handy Husband to listen to on his 160-mile round trip work commute.

Yep, big Harry fans here. The book is just as good as the first five. Some surprises in this one.

Now when the heck is the next movie coming out???!!!

I just finished it last night. Thinking about starting a (spoiler) post where those of us who have finished the book can discuss issues there.

Very good though. I got kinda weepy at the end with the dying and all.

mudbug said:
Also got the audiotape set for Handy Husband to listen to on his 160-mile round trip work commute.

Now when the heck is the next movie coming out???!!!

The Goblet of Fire movie will be coming out in November. You can watch the preview at www.movies.com Looks good!

We are planning a big road trip in Sept and will be getting HP6 on cd to listen to on the way. It should last us 2,000 miles!

Haven't read it but one of the kids in my class told everyone the end so that kind of ruines it for everyone. The friend who is going to the HP convention in London says that those deeply into HP discussions think we could have an Aslan or Gandalf situation coming on.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom