Harry Potter's

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wasabi

Executive Chef
Goblet of Fire. I saw the movie today. I think it's one of the best HP movies.

Good! PeppA tried to convince me last night to go see the midnight showing, but I wouldn't go for it. Odds are, money permitting, we'll take the older two and go see it this weekend.

What a great way to spend your birthday (technically a day early, but still). I am very jealous! We will probably go some time this week when the kids are in school. I told my husband today that we have an unknown deadline to see this movie! We've got to see it before the new babe comes or who knows when we'll be able to. It looks so great, I'm excited to see it!

Just got out of the movie. It's really good, though my only complaint is they cut out a lot of the book, though the movie was still fluid.

htc said:
Just got out of the movie. It's really good, though my only complaint is they cut out a lot of the book, though the movie was still fluid.

It's only to be expected that they cut so much. It must be hard to fit and 700+ page book into a 2 1/2 hour movie. I haven't seen it yet but I figure it will probably just focus on the World cup, the tournament and Voldemort. I don't think they could cram more than that in. I'm eager to see it but must find a babysitter...any volunteers?:LOL:

Yes, t'was an excellent movie. Me and Mrs. Big Dog saw it last night. Having never read the books (nor intending too) I have no idea about what was left out, if anything. According to Mrs. Big Dog, as well as various reviews I've read, there are some devastatingly huge gaps in the movie not covinring all of the storylines from the book. As said before, it can't be easy cramming a 700+ page book into a 180 minute movie.

Got the first three on DVD. This one shall join once available on DVD.

We don't get it here until 1st December but a lady i work with who is obsessed with HP, and went to a conference in England during the year, has already booked tickets.

Too bad you won't read the books, BigDog (and bienvenue, BTW).

Saw the latest flick today and loved it, of course. However, I still think my favorite is the first.

My parents don't approve of Harry Potter so I won't be seeing the movie.

Cameron

There is very little of the world cup. I was disappointed about that. Overall, I think they hit most of the critical info. I would see it again.

Paul and I are going to see it on Sunday after our date at Starbucks.

I haven't read the books either but have seen all the other movies on DVD. We both agreed that we have to see this one on the big screne.

ronjohn55 said:
This Harry Potter, is he any relation to Col. Potter from M*A*S*H???

No. Harry Potter is a series of books written by J.K. Rowling that they are making into movies.

Cameron

ronjohn55 said:
This Harry Potter, is he any relation to Col. Potter from M*A*S*H???
Yes he is the illegitimate son of the Col. and Hot Lips. These are the things they never showed you on MASH.

GB said:
Yes he is the illegitimate son of the Col. and Hot Lips. These are the things they never showed you on MASH.

As far as we know he could be!

Cameron

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom