Has Anybody tried Wii Fit?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fisher's Mom

Executive Chef
I noticed we are talking a lot about health and fitness and self-improvement so I was wondering if anybody has tried the Wii Fit? I got one because it looked like a fun thing for me and the kids that isn't a classic video game but I really didn't expect much in the way of a fitness program. Wow! I'm very, very impressed. The focus is on balance and core strength, but it also has aerobic and strength training. The yoga section is absolutely amazing. My girlfriend's dad has Parkinson's and has been going to PT as his symptoms have been progressing. When she saw it, she said it was exactly the training her dad is getting at PT. She was so impressed she went out and got one for him. Anyway, we play Wii bowling every night since it's something we can all do together so it's a nice addition to the family activity list. Anybody else tried it?

We got one for my wife. She loves it. She can't beat me at boxing though, which bothers her greatly.

The bowling..... well, let's not talk about that one. ;)

As far as video games for exercise, you could try Dance Dance Revolution. It really burns calories--at least when you're as clumsy as I am. ;)

As far as video games for exercise, you could try Dance Dance Revolution. It really burns calories--at least when you're as clumsy as I am. ;)
A couple of my kids are great at that!!!! But I can't even do it properly on the easy level. What's up with that??? You're right about burning calories - my kids are really sweating after playing DDR.

I really want Wii Fit. But we have not got a games consol and to buy one just for that seems a bit silly. If I still want it by my birthday next year maybe I'll ask DH for it. These kind of reviews are really encouraging!

If you don't have a wii console, it's kind of expensive, lulu. It's ~$250 for the Wii console and another $90 for the Wii fit. If you get an opportunity to try one out at a friend's house, do. But I have to say I'm way happy with how great the Wii Fit program and exercise platform works.

If you are worried about buying the system for only one game then you can look at some of the other mini game collections there are for Wii. There is of course Wii Sports which comes with it and there is also Wii Play and Warioware which are a fun set of minigames.

My sister has it and LOVES it. She loves all the games though, because of the constant movement and fun to them. She said it is the best excersise. Your playing and don't even feel like your excersising, which is my problem!! I need a Wii

If you are worried about buying the system for only one game then you can look at some of the other mini game collections there are for Wii. There is of course Wii Sports which comes with it and there is also Wii Play and Warioware which are a fun set of minigames.

Oh no! No need for other games, it would be a fitness thing only for us(no kids, both adults!)

Oh no! No need for other games, it would be a fitness thing only for us(no kids, both adults!)

but, the games are not like other systems. They have things like bowling, you actually do the whole motion of bowling, golf, it's really cool. There are other things too.

Last edited:
but, the games are not like other systems. They have things like bowling, you actually do the whole motion of bowling, golf, it's really cool. There are other things too.

Hmmmm...sounds good. Its christmas BEFORE my birthday, maybe we'll think about it then :angel:

Don't get me wrong, they have TONS of the regular kids games too, but, it has adult stuff that is focused on good health for your body.

My DW wants one but we can't find them around here......too popular, I guess. We have the main console and games, and it's a blast.

Of course now we need a 65 inch HD TV to do it justice:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::LOL:

I have had the Wii for a year and a half and I have wanted Wii Fit since it came out! After seeing this thread and the awesome reviews I might just go and get it!!! Would be a great thing for me to do on my own when I move to Kingston, waiting for Nick to join me in a few months. :)

My wife just got it, or i guess i should say we just got it. She loves it. She especially likes the hula hoop thing, and that game where u have to balance and try to sink the balls into the holes. My kids like doing the running, and trying to catch the dog, but it speeds up everytime they get close. i still havnt tried it yet.

I go to the gym, but have enjoyed playing golf, and bowling with my grandkids. They got a Wii for Christmas and love it.

I bought a Wii a few months ago. Hubby and I have not bought a video console for ourselves since PONG (black and white - little ball going back and forth in the early 70s).

I love it! It truly is NOT like any other video game. I hear "true gamers" are not impressed with Wii because of the graphics but it's fine with me.

We bought the Summer Sports game from eBay and it's a lot of fun with minature golf, horseshoes, etc.

Wii Fitness will probably be my next purchase - but I am not sure I like the idea that Wii Fitness will record my weight or my body fat! :LOL: :ohmy: :ROFLMAO:

I bought my grandkids a Wii for Christmas and am so impressed with it. They love it and I love playing the bowling and baseball game with them. My daughter got the Wii Fit and loves it. She works long hours and doesn't have time to go to the gym like she used to and she swears this gives her a great workout. The idea of this whole Wii thing blows me away.

Linda I didn't know there was a Wii Summer sports game. I will get that one for my grandkids birthdays coming up the end of August. Thanks for the tip.

Back
Top Bottom