"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 06-27-2008, 04:39 PM   #11
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by lulu View Post
Oh no! No need for other games, it would be a fitness thing only for us(no kids, both adults!)
but, the games are not like other systems. They have things like bowling, you actually do the whole motion of bowling, golf, it's really cool. There are other things too.

Old 06-27-2008, 04:46 PM   #12
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasgirl View Post
but, the games are not like other systems. They have things like bowling, you actually do the whole motion of bowling, golf, it's really cool. There are other things too.

Hmmmm...sounds good. Its christmas BEFORE my birthday, maybe we'll think about it then

Old 06-27-2008, 04:49 PM   #13
Master Chef

Don't get me wrong, they have TONS of the regular kids games too, but, it has adult stuff that is focused on good health for your body.
Old 06-27-2008, 06:07 PM   #14
Senior Cook

My DW wants one but we can't find them around here......too popular, I guess. We have the main console and games, and it's a blast.

Of course now we need a 65 inch HD TV to do it justice
Old 06-27-2008, 08:50 PM   #15
Head Chef

I have had the Wii for a year and a half and I have wanted Wii Fit since it came out! After seeing this thread and the awesome reviews I might just go and get it!!! Would be a great thing for me to do on my own when I move to Kingston, waiting for Nick to join me in a few months. :)
Old 08-09-2008, 10:41 PM   #16
Head Chef

My wife just got it, or i guess i should say we just got it. She loves it. She especially likes the hula hoop thing, and that game where u have to balance and try to sink the balls into the holes. My kids like doing the running, and trying to catch the dog, but it speeds up everytime they get close. i still havnt tried it yet.
Old 08-10-2008, 06:12 AM   #17
Head Chef

I go to the gym, but have enjoyed playing golf, and bowling with my grandkids. They got a Wii for Christmas and love it.
Old 08-10-2008, 07:09 AM   #18
Senior Cook

I bought a Wii a few months ago. Hubby and I have not bought a video console for ourselves since PONG (black and white - little ball going back and forth in the early 70s).

I love it! It truly is NOT like any other video game. I hear "true gamers" are not impressed with Wii because of the graphics but it's fine with me.

We bought the Summer Sports game from eBay and it's a lot of fun with minature golf, horseshoes, etc.

Wii Fitness will probably be my next purchase - but I am not sure I like the idea that Wii Fitness will record my weight or my body fat!
Old 08-10-2008, 11:23 AM   #19
Head Chef

I bought my grandkids a Wii for Christmas and am so impressed with it. They love it and I love playing the bowling and baseball game with them. My daughter got the Wii Fit and loves it. She works long hours and doesn't have time to go to the gym like she used to and she swears this gives her a great workout. The idea of this whole Wii thing blows me away.

Linda I didn't know there was a Wii Summer sports game. I will get that one for my grandkids birthdays coming up the end of August. Thanks for the tip.
Old 08-10-2008, 12:17 PM   #20
Head Chef

Any other wii games anyone recommends ? for kids ( 10 , 13) or adults too