Has anyone been on a ghost tour?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DampCharcoal

Executive Chef
Okay, okay, the season has bitten me big time and maybe I'm a total dork but a buddy and I are thinking about doing a ghost tour at Mansfield Reformatory. It's basically an overnight tour of the prison and costs $50 with food and drinks. I figure it could be fun and I'll definitely be bringing my digital camera. Has anyone done anything like this?

I hope we go! Mansfield Reformatory is where "Shawshank Redemption" was filmed and it's only about an hour north of here. It's supposed to be haunted like crazy. Heck, I might just go by myself! :mrgreen:

ghostdance.gif
okay, I am officially freaked out!
Definitely not a "dork" thing - 'cause us dorks are too scared to do something like that!

AAAAGH! Sold out! :censored: I didn't realize how popular the tour was, I should have reserved a couple spots a few months ago. My buddy is going to kick my a**. Ah well, there's plenty other spooky places to visit around here and plenty of time to do it.

oh man! What a bummer!!!!!

Well, I bet there are a lot of haunted tours for you, especially in your neck of the woods.
keep us posted!

I think this was different than yours, but I went on a ghost tour in Charleston. As we walked through the city, a guide told us stories about local "ghosts" and some interesting information (like the term "saved by the bell" coming from people fearing being locked in crypts alive, so they put a hole in the wall with a string attached to a bell on the outside, so that if the person inside "came to" he or she could ring the bell to let everyone know). It was very interesting.

:) Barbara

That looks like quite a place, dc!!
Out here, things are considered "old" if they were built before 1940. Noooooo old buildings here, except the California Missions, and they're kind of boring.

damp i've never done anything like that but i've been wanting to for several years.
i'd definately go to the franklin castle, and if i could squire's castle. only thing is squire's is in the metroparks and you can't go there after dusk. i was wanting to hang around there all night lol

Nothing would induce me to go on one of those but they do have a number of them in Sydney- the old quarrantine station being a really popular one. You can go on one at Port Arthur which used to be a penal colony in Tasmania.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom