Has anyone seen Poseidon?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

texasgirl

Master Chef
I've been wanting to go see this in the theaters. I liked Titanic a lot more in the theater than seeing it on tv. It's just so different. But, I have heard so many bad reviews of it. I loved The Poseidon Adventure. Have you seen it? Is it worth going to see or not??

Rogue wave hit's luxury ship and it capsizes. Leaving pockets of air for a while, They have to find their way to the hull to be rescued, before it sinks. The original had Gene Hackman, Shelly Winters, Ernest Borgnine, etc...

I liked the orginal, haven't yet to see the new one but I am a big movie buff
so I know I will like it :)

From what I've seen of the trailers, it ought to be good. SFX are getting so realistic these days.

I've also noticed a prepoderance of shows about Rogue waves on History and Discovery channels lately. Pretty interesting stuff. The wave that capsized the Poseidon, while fictional, is all to possible.

Was that the movie in which they made cookies out of old people?

that was "Soylent Green"

the original was very good; they took a good amount of time letting you get to know the characters, so you really care what happens to them.
this time around, it's bing-bang-boom;

as usual, too much emphasis on special effects, not enough fleshing out the characters.

tonight- "DaVinci Code"

We saw Poseidon. Don't waste your money. We have seen worse, but it is not very good. It is totally formulaic. A group of people tries to get out. Every time they come to a "roadblock," someone in the group does something to save them--and then dies. I liked the movie The Poseidon Adventure. They let you really get to know the people. This movie doesn't really let you get to know anyone. They show you a little bit about the main characters, then the wave hits. When it comes to network TV, give it a try. But it's not worth your money.

:) Barbara

Thanks Texasgirl. Things are going pretty well. I finally have a few minutes to breathe a little! I hope everything is going well for you too. I still have a lot of catching up to do!

:) Barbara

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom