"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Old 12-24-2005, 11:56 AM   #11
Master Chef
Originally Posted by buckytom
lol, my wife can do that standing on her head!!!!

i just went to get my Mom a tiramisu at this little place recently. i live in a city now that has so many little shops, i'm thinking of venturing out for some presents. it's okay in pittsburgh. more people than on an average day; i'm a (new) city person, i'm used to chaotic stuff- before i lived here i was used to it already, i was here so often. gotta go in to be w/ my family for Christmas soon, we're having our dinner w/ presents to follow Christmas Day, so i need to get out before too long.

i believe that life would not be complete sans comfy 'ol tee-shirts, the Golden Girls, and the color pink
& rock on, PITTSBURGH-
luvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005, 01:11 PM   #12
Executive Chef
I went out early this morning and was home before 8:00 a.m. I had a few things to pick up - there were only 2 or 3 shoppers in the store besides myself. I likeeeeeeeee that!.

Be an organ donor; give your heart to Jesus.
Exercise daily; walk with the Lord.
licia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005, 03:13 PM   #13
Master Chef
I got my food yesterday while shopping for the week, it wasn't too bad. Went out today to replace the boys games and was really surprised. I used to have to go shopping on Christmas eve because I would have to get the bills paid and then have that last minute of money. LOL.
I hated it. People get crazy at the last minute because they can't find what they want. This year I went in ready for it and it just wasn't like that. I was very happy to get in and out and the traffic wasn't bad either.
texasgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005, 03:55 PM   #14
DC Grandma
My P.T. (therapist) asked if I had my shopping done..I said my two sons were doing it for me. He said "Good! Don't even think of going out in this shopping frenzy" I tried it last Wednesday after I had my hair appointment. I had my walker in the trunk of the car. Even though it only weighs 30 pounds it is really heavy to lift in and out. It has a basket that comes off and a seat on it. I lifted it in and out twice..no one offered to help. That don't understand! My sons will help any one that they see needs help and so will I. I guess I expected too much out of passers by. While using a walker and just a few days out of the hip replacement surgery I was helping others in the Rehab. Hospital because I knew it took up to 45 minutes for the girls on duty to get to their room. Maybe they just needed their water or something fell on the floor etc. if I could do it for them I did. If it was something I couldn't do and was an emergency I went looking for an Aid. It keep me up and walking and that was what I needed to do for my self so I enjoyed helping others.
Nuff said...I'll stop for now.
May I always be the person my dog thinks I am.

Walk towards the Sunshine and the Shadows will fall behind you!
Dove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005, 04:10 PM   #15
Head Chef
I was out yesterday and it was madness. I didn't go to the mall but drove past it and it took me 30 minutes to go a distance usually doable in 5.

Today I HAD to pick up a Honey Baked Ham for tomorrow and I was dreading. Traffic in Beaverton on a weekend is always terrible and there's always a line on days like today at the ham shop. Figured I'd get my mile's walk in from what ever parking spot I could find.

The Gods are smiling on me. Traffic was unbelievably light. Parked 3 spaces away from the shop, the line moved very quickly and I was home in about 35 minutes! DH thought I'd ditched the whole thing because I was back so soon!

Merry Christmas Everyone!

Cooking is like love, it should be entered into with abandon or not at all. Oregon native transplanted to Chicago....
lindatooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005, 05:09 PM   #16
Executive Chef
I had finished my shopping by lunch time yesterday. So Christmas eve has been great - wrapping gifts, making mince-pies and shortbread. Listened to Carols from King's College, Cambridge on telly and felt that Christmas was finally here.

Most of my family members arrived by 8.00 pm and I am not ready to fall into bed, with an early start in the morning.

Merry Christmas to you all here on DC.

Ishbel is offline   Reply With Quote