"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 09-02-2009, 09:23 PM   #1
Head Chef

Cool Has DC been slowing down or...

Is it just because I have been gone? Teehee!!

I am slowly starting to get back into the groove... I have missed everyone so much! Nick and I have been in the house for 10 months now and loving it... the "kittens" are now full grown cats and will celebrate their 1 year birthday on Sept 21st... Surprisingly, Kass got big and Leo is about the same.. so much for Kass being the runt! They are still cute though. Leo.. named after Leonidas the Greek Spartan king.. and Kass.. Kiss.A.. well.. :).. and RIP Ria...

Another reason I am online is because we have company, and everyone is pretty much asleep (it's only 9:20) but the boys were smoking about 45 salmon fillets today so the smoke tuckered them out... so I am half buzzed and awake...

How the heck has everyone been? :)

Old 09-02-2009, 10:13 PM   #2
Head Chef

Wow, you can smoke salmon and catch a buzz? Cool, I have a few pounds frozen!!!
ha. ha. ha.

As a cat owner, you will appreciate Simon's Cat...

YouTube - simonscat's Channel

and LOLCats....

Lolcats ‘n’ Funny Pictures of Cats – I Can Has Cheezburger?

As for here slowing down, I noticed a little drop in posting quantity, but
attributed it to school resuming and summer ending.....

Welcome back!

GrillingFool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 10:14 PM   #3
Everymom

Good here! Life is a bit crazy right now trying to get things settled for my poor momma but that will happen eventually. My kids are good, back to school today and both are pretty happy with the schedules, classes etc. My work is in flux and I'm in wait and see mode for a lot of things right now.

And yes things are a bit slower. Summer tends to be slower and then things pick up again when the weather starts to cool down. Its good to see you back! I was wondering what was going on with you.
Old 09-02-2009, 10:37 PM   #4
Master Chef

Been busy trying to set up a website for selling my digital paintings. I can't put a link here , since the paintings are for sale.
I entered 10 images for the photo contest at the Fair and 4 of the entries won 2 nd place. I give glory to the Creator of all things.
Old 09-02-2009, 10:54 PM   #5
Assistant Cook

Never feel like gone. Still there are many mile stones in your life path way, you have to cross, not only for yourself bit for the sake of your family members. Start helping poor and needy, you will see there is a lot to do.
Old 09-03-2009, 12:57 AM   #6
Everymom

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrillingFool View Post
Wow, you can smoke salmon and catch a buzz? Cool, I have a few pounds frozen!!!
ha. ha. ha.

As a cat owner, you will appreciate Simon's Cat...

YouTube - simonscat's Channel

and LOLCats....

Lolcats n Funny Pictures of Cats I Can Has Cheezburger?

As for here slowing down, I noticed a little drop in posting quantity, but
attributed it to school resuming and summer ending.....

Welcome back!
OMG...a NEW Simons Cat video. I laughed almost as hard as I did at the first one. Boy does that guy know cats.
Old 09-03-2009, 10:05 AM   #7
Executive Chef

good to hear from you and your family!

things are very busy here as I am sure is the case with a lot of folks this time of year..
Old 09-03-2009, 05:42 PM   #8
Head Chef

Great to hear from you all! :)

Alix, what happened to your mom?

And, oh my gosh, I Love those cartoons of Simon's Cat!! My favorite is the one where he tries to wake him up... LOL!
Old 09-03-2009, 06:14 PM   #9
Everymom

Its an uber long story but the short version is that my Mom is 80 and has Alzheimers. In trying to keep her cared for a very bad decision was made to have some family members move in. It hasn't worked out well at all. There is court stuff, and likely will be police stuff etc happening. My poor Mom is meanwhile waiting to have her house to herself again while we clear up the mess. Sigh. Live and learn. I feel like I'm living in Jerry Springer land.
Old 09-03-2009, 07:28 PM   #10
Executive Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Dina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix View Post
Its an uber long story but the short version is that my Mom is 80 and has Alzheimers. In trying to keep her cared for a very bad decision was made to have some family members move in. It hasn't worked out well at all. There is court stuff, and likely will be police stuff etc happening. My poor Mom is meanwhile waiting to have her house to herself again while we clear up the mess. Sigh. Live and learn. I feel like I'm living in Jerry Springer land.
Sorry to hear about this. Family can sometimes makes things more difficult. Hope it all works out for the best Alix!