Haters Guide to the Williams-Sonoma Catalog

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Now that was funny and true. :LOL:

It's too bad it wasn't written by someone more mature and creative, who understands gutter language no longer shocks, but detracts and distracts from the point.

Please do not miss all the replies. My favorite was the 7 month pregnant lady who made the snowman that looked like a white faced lawn jockey on a bender and scared her kids.

Jeez!
I just got a WS catalog in the mail on Saturday and I'm looking at in the, well you know where, and I'm thinking basically the same thing... I just can't buy stuff like this for HOW MUCH?
REALLY!, REALLY?
I love the WS catalogue - all those things you never knew were absolutely essential.

The best thing, however, is that no matter how much I yearn for something I can't buy it because they don't ship here (and even if they did I wouldn't want to pay that much postage).

Last edited:
I like the comment about a pan for everything its so true, a friend of mine has a pancake pan and pancake flipper, an egg pan and egg spatula, a hamburger pan and burger flipper, and a steak pan and a steak flipping fork...

They are all frying pans in some way or another, 1 pan and spatula can do the job of all of them, but he has overthunk it soooo much its not funny, for burgers you use a deep pan with a spatula that has holes in it, for pancakes a flat pan with no holes in the spatula, eggs you use an angled shallow fry pan so you can dump the eggs in the plate and a thin spatula with no holes, for steak you use a thick pan with a fork to flip it... He is insane, lol...

I've even been tempted to buy specialty cookware and bakeware, but I force myself to think "how often are you going to use it, and do you already own something that will do the job?" Often those specialty things do a worse job than just doing it the old fashioned way, I'm looking at you whoopie pie pan!

Now that was funny and true. :LOL:

It's too bad it wasn't written by someone more mature and creative, who understands gutter language no longer shocks, but detracts and distracts from the point.

I'm with you on this. The concept was funny, but sometimes the language goes beyond unnecessary - it overpowers the story. Too bad - it could have been funnier with better vocabulary choices.

Back
Top Bottom