Have you ever entered a cooking contest?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kimbaby

Executive Chef
Kitchenelf kinda inspired this question....

Have you personally ever entered a cooking contest?
please elaborate on your answer...
ME,personally have never entered... but would love to...

Yes ... In Oregon, the Lucerne Dairy company held a contest for recipes that used their products so I entered "The Potatoes" which use sour cream and cheddar cheese - both items they produce. Nothing ever came of it except an email telling me they had received my recipe ... :( Oh well.

I'm trying to organize a chili cook-off as part of our cities Christmas parade celebrations ... we'll see how it goes. I figure that if I organize it, then people HAVE to like my entry even if I can't win, right? :LOL:

I did once through Cooking Club of America. It was a chocolate dessert contest which ended up being quite fun. I believe the 1st prize winner would get to chose $500 worth of KitchenAid appliances. Wouldn't it be nice if this forum would begin some contests?

I never have either. We do have a member that has. Her and her husband have lots of ribbons and trophies. Raine isn't on so much anymore as they opened a bbq restaurant. Evidently, it's doing very well.

Dina said:
I did once through Cooking Club of America. It was a chocolate dessert contest which ended up being quite fun. I believe the 1st prize winner would get to chose $500 worth of KitchenAid appliances. Wouldn't it be nice if this forum would begin some contests?

Double-edged sword Dina - the prize money would have to come from somewhere i.e., membership fees :w00t2: While AndyR mighth "like" us I don't think he likes us that much :LOL:

I entered the contest but when they told me I got chosen in the top 10 I vaguely remembered entering something but I couldn't remember what recipe it was. It was just on a whim apparently. The only prize given is a roughly $2,000.00 dishwasher for 1st place. We all won a tapas "something" for being chosen as a top 10 but I have not received that yet.

I'd say the money would have to come from advertisement, not membership dues.

As large as this forum is, I could see it happening.

I won blue ribbons for biscuits and sugar cookies when I was in 4H a hundred years ago. Does that count?

I entered the American Homebrewers Association's Nation Homebrew Competition a few years back. Took third in the mead category. Got a bronze medal at home somewhere from it. Also got a bunch of recipe requests back on the scoresheets.

Never have made that recipe again, either....

John

jennyema said:
I entered the Philly Cream Cheese dip contest this fall. No word yet.

I have entered a couple of Cook's Country contests, most recently with a chicken soup recipe.

I am developing a few recipes for the National Chicken contest

Good Luck! Maybe we'll see you on one of those FoodTV cooking contest specials soon.

Not exactly worthy of bragging rights but I won a cake baking contest at my elementary school for a chocolate fudge cake with mandarin orange icing. I've never entered others, but I'd surely be up for it.

I won a 25 dollar gift certificate once for making the prettiest dessert.
It was a Mud pie ( chocolate pudding, cream cheese and crushed Oreo cookies). I made it in a childs sand bucket and added lots of fake flowers. It was really neat.

Back
Top Bottom